Aspartame headache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Oct 3, 2010.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

As some of the older members know, I had a very, very bad reaction to aspartame. I'm extremely careful to avoid it. About a week & a half ago I ate 2 small teaspoons of yogurt before I read the ingredients. It was the light variety. It contained aspartame. I must have picked it up by mistake. It caused me to have a very bad headache that centered around my right ear. It also caused my blood pressure to shoot up to 160/100, as well as other stuff. I believe I've got it under control now. Don't want my other small brain aneurysm to grow. I've got to be a lot more careful. That stuff is poison.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Glad to see you back. I was gone for awhile, anyways have been wondering about you. Hope you're doing okay.

I agree - aspartame is poison. For anyone who doubts this, watch the documentary "Sweet Misery", about how aspartame got approved for mass consumption by the FDA, despite evidence linking it to brain tumors etc. It's a travesty. (it even involves Donald Rumsfeld!)

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I get severe reactions to aspartame. I did the exact same thing with a "lite" juice which I assumed was 100% juice and no sugar. Boy was I wrong!!!

It's good to see you back. I am assuming you have contacted your medical doctor about the recent headaches?

Take care.

4. simonedb

simonedb Member

aspartame bad for me too someone posted like in Jan how they have new names for it and sneak it into more foods now

i have used steevia for years and tolerate well, it helps regulate blood sugar too
    i noticed some brands taste better than others
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

It would probably be a good idea to know ALL the ingredients of your headache medicine.