Aspartame poisoning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swiss, Oct 6, 2006.

1. swiss

swiss New Member

Before I became ill I used to drink lots and lots of diet coke. I have wondered about aspartame poisoning but how do you know if you had/have it? Could it trigger these illnesses?

Thanks,
    Michele
  2. TKE

TKE New Member

Could be. My Huz can no longer drink diet soda either. He has a autoimmune disease that causes blisters in his mouth & aspertame is the biggest offender!

Let's face it our bodies are packed with all this artifical crap now. Preservatives, chemicals in the air/water/food/etc that our bodies can handle in small amounts, but over the long term they can't & we end up with all these illiness's.

How do we know for sure?? We don't. Too bad there aren't specific tests to discover which chemical/preservative/toxin is causing the problem.

Until then the best thing we can do is stick to natural foods/etc as much as we can.

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

MSG, Splenda, and nitrites. Basically, most processed foods have one of these in them.
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I had aspartame poisoning two years ago. Yes, it can cause or trigger a lot of illnesses. Every bad thing you hear about aspartame is true.