Aspartame The worlds best ant poison.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. lenasvn

    lenasvn New Member

    From the June 2006 Idaho Observer:


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Aspartame - The World’s Best Ant Poison


    contributed by Jan Jensen of WELLthy Choices

    We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have spent thousands of dollars with Orkin and on ant poisons trying to keep them under control but nothing has helped.

    So when I read somewhere that aspartame (Nutrasweet) was actually developed as an ant poison and only changed to being considered non-poisonous after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

    I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a corner of each of our bathrooms. That was about 2 years ago and I have not seen any carpenter ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most deadly poisons I have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another package of Nutrasweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a year or so again.

    Since posting this information I have had many people tell me of their success solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing else worked.

    We found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly take it back to the nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually. I have found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it does not. Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

    Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did not work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored it until we got a light rain. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the Nutrasweet and ground, but not enough to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound. When I checked the mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the mound up some, and still saw none of them.

    How does it Work: Aspartame is a neuropoison. It most likely kills the ants by interfering with their nervous system. It could be direct, like stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense of taste so they can’t figure out what is eatable, or smell, so they can’t follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies members, so they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes them to end up dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly and effectively.

    As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas that come in contact with this poison, and avoid getting it in your mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate.

    I suspect it will work for other insects such as yellow jackets as well, but have not tested that yet.

    More information on this fantastic poison can be found at: www.dorway.com


  2. lostmisty

    lostmisty New Member

    Tis an urban legend I believe.

    http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp
  3. BethM

    BethM New Member

    hmmmm, couldn't find any reference to aspartame as ant poison on Snopes. I figure if there is an ant problem it wouldn't hurt to try using it, though. It's far less toxic than actual ant poison!

    Heck, if it'll get rid of fire ants, at least there is SOME good use for aspartame!

    Personally, I avoid it, won't use it. It gives me bladder spasms. I've tested that theory several times, with identical results each time.

    So, whatever the truth about aspartame, I say let the ants have it!

    my 2.5 cents!
    Beth.
  4. mollystwin

    mollystwin New Member

    but this stuff is definatly toxic!! Makes my body go numb and I get stroke like symptoms. Was even rushed to ER once.
    No problems like that since I figured out it was the nutrisweet!

    My Dr. thought I had MS. I had so many MS symptoms. All MS symptoms are gone now, without the stuff.
  5. Greenbean7

    Greenbean7 New Member

    Well if it's true I won't have any ants in my tummy! Just finished a Diet Coke!

    Hugzz
    Greenbean

    Stop and smell the puppies!
  6. lenasvn

    lenasvn New Member

    www.dorway.com got lots of info. I had an excellent www.page about scientific (independent, a very important factor) research about aspartame. It is toxic. I can't find it and my children are restless, so that will have to be later.

    I got a short thing here from Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.
    in the meantime:

    from:http://www.dorway.com/hypot.txt

    "In conclusion, there is compelling evidence to indicate that food additive
    excitotoxins, such as aspartame, pose a serious danger to our well being,
    especially so in the case of children and the elderly. It has been
    demonstrated that excitotoxins in the diet can dramatically elevate free
    radical generation for prolonged periods of time and that once induced, it
    triggers a viscous cycle that ends in neuron death. Most authorities now
    agree that elevated free radical generation is associated with virtually all
    degenerative diseases as well as most injuries and toxins. It makes little
    sense to expose the general public to a product that we know increases free
    radical generation so dramatically and is associated with laboratory proven
    injuries to the nervous system."


    Russell L. Blaylock, M.D.
    Neurosurgeon
    9 Lakeland Circle, Suite A
    Jackson, Ms 39216
  7. lostmisty

    lostmisty New Member

    Figured it's just another addition to the long list of urban legend nutrasweet ebils. :)
  8. lenasvn

    lenasvn New Member

    For those of you who want some backbone about the aspartame complaints, go here:


    http://www.wnho.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm

    People with chemical sensitivities really should read this.

    many blessings[This Message was Edited on 08/09/2006]
  9. woofmom

    woofmom New Member

    That toxic poison caused my eyes to water constantly. It made my shoulder muscles feel as though someone was bowling. It caused my blood pressure to jump up and down like a rubber ball. The headaches were so severe that I considered suicide.I couldn't tolerate any bright lights. If anyone wants to know the TRUTH about this poison, I'll be glad to fill them in. The way it got on the market is one of the sleaziest things that business and government have ever, and I mean ever, done. I am forever indebted to the wonderful souls who started this "urban legend".
  10. lenasvn

    lenasvn New Member

    My children keeps it at arms length. I didn't tell them details, just that it is no good for their bodies. My ex. MIL one day said after a "blunder" that her brain wasn't with her (jokingly). My son said it must be the diet sodas,,,LOL!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2006]
  11. victoria

    victoria New Member

    when it was still rather new, we accidentally purchased Int'l Coffees with aspartame in it...

    I found I was really mentally foggy after drinking it, realized that was the only thing new in my diet, and quit drinking it- foggieness quit immediately.

    My DH about a week later commented/complained about fogginess and feeling 'dopey'... turns out he was drinking those coffees (I'd left them in the cabinet for him). I told him what I'd found, he cut out drinking them, and was able to think fine after that.

    Everybody's different! BUT I wish they'd stuck with cane sugar instead of switching to high-fructose corn syrup in addition to the artifical sweeteners... everybody seems to have gone downhill as a whole in our population since....

    Victoria
  12. lenasvn

    lenasvn New Member

    It's like the foods we eat plump us up, and we feel bad, so we go for the diet stuff- and get dumbified. Is there a "Master plan" at stake? LOL!

    Well, not LOL, but ya know,,,
  13. victoria

    victoria New Member

    sometimes I wonder!

    ... Hmm - do the 'big pharma' companies own the food companies? That would be an interesting connection, wouldn't it? Could definitely point to a conflict of interests at least...

    I'm good at conspiracy theories....
    sigh,
    Victoria

  14. woofmom

    woofmom New Member

    They seem to own or control just about everything including government agencies that are supposed to "protect" us.
  15. victoria

    victoria New Member

    I know many are on the payroll... just wondering about the connections in those huge multinational corporations... probably would be mind-boggling! Not sure I really want to know either!

    Vic.