aspca

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rene, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Yea I just went to the Houston ASPCA and they have rec'd 600 animals from Katrina. Its awful cause even if your dog or cat makes it how will you know?? Thousands gone so people will never know if their pet is dead or alive. Like a lady had a baby and her and her husband had to call around different states cause the hospital had to transport and get out and they had no idea where their baby was.

Off topic sort of but why isn't any cell phone companys helping? I said that days ago and some news reporter TODAY is like why isn't the cell phone company out giving free calls or something. Maybe we should write. I am going to right now tell them to help!
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

My son works for a cell phone company as a customer service rep. He did get a call last night from a woman who was ranting about her husband going to LA and her cell phone was roaming.

My son, told her there was nothing he could do but to give her a $25 credit toward a change in her plan to cover the entire US. She was still irate about all of this and wanted to speak to his supervisor, but he said that takes about 3 days.

I feel sorry for the woman, but it isn't in my son's hands to make decisions like that. So if you need to call them (customer service), have a little kindness as they are only doing their job.

Big hugs,
    Faye
    I gave to the ASPCA.org ;-) ^,,^

3. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

PLEASE SEND THIS ALL OVER, PLEASE -

CONTACT me to get this person's email if your interested. This woman wants to be contacted, it does not matter what time, middle of the night, it does not matter, please help these poor precious animals. PLEASE SEND THIS ALL OVER FOR DAYS, JUST KEEP SENDING IT EVERYWHERE.

They are also asking for ANY kind of donations for the animals, money, dog / cat food, etc.

REMEMBER THESE ANIMALS WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO YOU - TO YOUR FRONT DOOR JUST ABOUT. PLEASE HELP - they are trying to send some photos.

This is what the woman sent:
    SUPER URGENT - PLEASE HELP THE ANIMALS - HURRICANE KATRINA

Woman in Norwalk, CT is helping the animals in Jackson, Missisippi

She has asked for our help, networking or otherwise. PLEASE SEND THIS ALL
    OVER, IT IS EXTREMELY URGENT - TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR THE DISPLACED, LOST, CONFUSED, STRAY AND FORMER PETS WHO HAD HOMES AND OWNERS.

There are over 200 dogs and over 150 cats so far that is from Hurricane
    Katrina. They have been put in one TEMPORARY place for now. I am told every one of them has had vaccinations and are in fine health, other than some
    scratched up some, lost, sad, confused and hungry. There are people there who are ready and waiting to drive these dogs and cats to ANYWHERE they need to go, I
    repeat, ANYWHERE, they will transport them ANYWHERE.

Please, I know every one of us are overloaded, over whelmed, totally filled
    up and then some, especially during the holiday weekend and all. But those
    animals are all homeless - some are strays - but most of them were ones left
    behind and some their owners have died.
    I am told there are dogs and cats of every single color, every kind, including 2 poodles who are hudled with each other, many, many more animals that need places to go.

They said they can hold on to them for a bit longer, not sure how much longer and said MANY of them will have to be EUTHANIZED if they are not taken somewhere soon.
    >