AST blood work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charming, Jun 27, 2008.

1. charming

charming New Member

HELLO I JUST RECENTLY HAD 2 BLOOD WORK DONR BY MY DOCTOR AND MY ast IS ELEVATED MY DOCTOR THINKS THERE MIGHT BE VIRAL HEPATITIS GOING ON. LATELY MY ARMS AND FEET BEEN HURTING VERY BAD ALONG WITH LOWER BACK PAIN BUT I CANT TELL IF ITS MY LIVER OR THE FIBROMYALGIA,AND MY DOCTOR WANT MORE BLOOD WORK AND A ULTRSOUND OF MY LIVER,HAS ANYONE EVER HAD HEPATITIS BEFORE?
  2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi charming,

can you tell me the actual result of the AST? If you don't have the results, get them faxed/mailed to you...My doc ignored my high results saying it was due to fatty liver or hepatitis exposure, I always believed him til I became very ill...I was then tested for the heps and all negative, then he wanted to 'tap' my liver, no friggin way pal...I got rid of that creep and I now have my levels tested every few months to see how my dietary changes have been helping as well as omitting pharmaceuticals, BIG contributor to elevated liver enzymes...Most drugs are processed through and poison the liver as in my case, but he wouldn't advise me of that cause he knew I would stop the drugs, which I did

Let me know the numbers and if I can help further...

Peace~MamaDove
  3. charming

charming New Member

My first test number was 49 which is suppose to be 36 and he rechecked it and it 37 but its still a little elavated but I been taking multivitamins and motrin 600 plus neurotin.but my lower back and sides been hurting and my body been hurting a lot and I can't tell if its my liver or my fibro!