Asthma Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mapleleaf, Nov 27, 2006.

1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf New Member

My asthma is normally controlled by Advair 50/100 once a day. Now I'm on my 3rd bout of prednisone. When Md's listen to my lungs I'm not wheezing, and the breathing tests are clear. Yet, I'm short of breath, my right lung burns, and on my right side of my chest, front and back hurt and my muscles are tender to the touch on my back. My chest feels so tight and constricted and it's hard to breath. I'm using 500 Advaire twice a day, Singulair, and use my emergency inhaler about 6X a day, as well as being on Prednisone. I'm seeing a Pulmonologist Dec. 12, but I'm scared in the meantime. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Last year I started a series of IV Glutathione. My doctor told me he had SEVERAL Asthma AND Parkinsons patients, doing the NEBULIZED Glutathione, and the Asthma patients were able to stop an attack dead in its' tracks. He and his IV Nurse, both had glowing testimony for the Nebulized Glutathione for Asthma. I don't have asthma and have not had any of Nebulized Glutathione. Just wanted to pass this along and emphasize what Lukro reported.

In my opinion, Glutathione, in any form, is not only helpful, but actually HEALTHFUL.
  3. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Mapleleaf--

Could some of your chest tightness and pain be due to costo chondritis. I have asthma, but like you, no wheezing and my peak flow isn't too bad. Sometimes I even have shortness of breath--like I'm not getting enough air in. I do have chest burning and pain and this is due to chest wall pain.

I also use Pulmicort and Singulair. Sometimes I use Atrovent. But I definately need the heating pad to give me relief of the chest pain.

Just a thought!

T
  4. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I finally (sorry for the delay) responded to your post about doctors in NY. I gave you two a few days ago...

I also briefly gave you my opinion on ampligen...was that what you asked me about? I'm sorry I can't remember, but while I don't have fibrofog or M.E. brain fog, I do have incessant, 24/7 head pain... :p

Hugs,
    Leeza
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Hi Mapleleaf:

I've had asthma all my life which started after a bout with
    bronchitis when I was a kid. My daughter is a smoker and she could blow better on my peak flow meter!

Not one of my pulmonologists has ever bothered to test me for CPN. They sure know how to pass out prednisone like it's candy. They are not crabby, irritible, and gaining weight from it. Can you spell Moon Face?

I tested positive for chlamydia pneumonia through FFC. CPN is not a STD! Here is a quote from cpnhelp.org website: "cpnhelp.org was started by educated patients who are themselves undergoing combination antibiotic treatment of diseases where Cpn has been implicated, including:

Multiple sclerosis, Chronic fatigue, Cardiac disease, Interstitial cystitis, Prostatitis, Crohn's diseasei, Inflammatory bowel diseasei, Alzheimer's disease, Asthma, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic refractory sinusitis, Macular Degeneration, and others."

I started taking 100 mg of Minocycline in May. By mid August or approximately 12 weeks later I was inhaler free.
    No more albuterol, flowvent or flonaise! see asthmastory.com for someone else with similiar results. I also had been on Nystatin since March so it's possible that my asthma was also caused by yeast.

I also changed my diet after getting a MRT (mediator release test) nowleap.com blood test in June. I am very allergic to sulphites plus some other foods and meds. I quit eating those foods that were provoking my immune system.

Of course none of this is double blind placebo controlled. I'm just happy I'm not using those sexy mouthpieces anymore.