Astralagus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Have people tried this? If so, what were your results?
  2. spacee

spacee Member

My twin who recovered liked astralagus alot. Sent some to me. Sadly it did nothing for me. Our bodies really responded differently to other things too...like klonopin. She couldn't take it at all and it is one of my main meds.

Spacee
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I read your profile. I never saw one like that, especially with the T-cells being such a problem. For most "classic" CFS patients, Natural Killer Cell activation and Rnase seem to be immune system issues. There are so many subtypes of CFS, and eventually I think they'rre all going to be classified as their own diseases (although it may not be in my lifetime).

Did your sister have the same symptoms as you? What did she do to recover?

You've tried a lot of things that I haven't, and so I'm going to have to look into them. They may not be appropriate for me since my symptoms/problems are so different from yours, but it's at least worth investigating.

Strange how few responses I've gotten about the astralagus, considering how common a Chinese herb it is. Maybe if I keep bumping it up I'll get more posts.

Thanks!
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, I have some in my refrigerator, does that count? lol I put it there during one of my "I'll get to the bottom of this if it kills me" phases, then I was concerned that it might. I do know others who have taken it successfully; that is, as part of their health care regimen, and have improved. We're all different so give it a try. Just try it by itself without other new meds at the same time so you know what's what.

Marta
  5. spacee

spacee Member

My twin and I had different symptoms. My temp went down to 97, her's went up to 100. She felt viral. I never felt viral except for some swelling of my neck lymph nodes. I felt like my body was dying.

I had incredible fatigue and slept all the time, she had incredible insommnia. As I said, klonopin helped me. She had a paradoxical reaction to klonopin and tranquilizer that I can't remember the name of.

The thing we had in commmon was our T-Counts. Her's didn't go quite as low as mine but her doc decided to test hers (because of the NIH study) and hers was only 320. So, the NIH included her in their study.

The astralagus helped her with her flu like symptoms. Also, because of the insommia, she would drag herself to the YMCA every evening. Started with a little bit of the machines and a little bit of walking. When, she walked out of the Y, she noticed the flu like symptoms were better then too.

A friends daughter had mono. Recovered but was catching alot of colds, etc. Sis told them about astralagus and the daughter took it and never got sick again that school year.

Back to sis, she really attributes her getting better to B vitamins. Her low B-12 was documented. And she started taking vitamins for Hair and that has alot of B's in it. She felt better when she started taking the Hair vitamin and still takes it to this day. She was lucky.

She went through some really bad years. Her two sons were in college..so no kids at home. She only went to work and the Y. She got a housecleaning service and hired a college girl to do her grocery shopping and her husband did the rest. Though she did recover, it was gradual. Over a 5 or 6 year period.

One last thing, the Cheney Clinic did test her glutathione and it was depleted. But I don't think that she did anything to help it. There was sort of a break down of communication between Cheney's nurse at the time and my sis.

So, sis still takes the B vitamins and I told her about Alpha Lipolic Acid giving me a better mood and she does take that now too.

Spacee