ASYRA SCANNING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by harmony21, Feb 1, 2010.

1. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Iam going to a naturopath, herbalist, homeopath who did a Asyra scanning on me, interesting

Has anyone of you had this scanning???? although I believe its not allowed to make diagnosis but then I guess alternative meds cant anyway?????

Where do we stand on this???

It gets a bit confusing or should I say more confusing to an already confused mind LOL....

any info would be kool....

angel hugs

harmony21
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

This is the only information I have found about the Asyra that was not an alternative site. I am assuming this is what you are talking about. It is basically high tech muscle testing. There have been several doctors who lost their licsnses because they were using this machine but they were also using other illegal treatments. So take this information for what it is worth. Take care, GAP

Illegal Marketing

The Asyra System is marketed by Galloway Technologies of Saratoga Springs, which does business under the name GTech. The system includes a device that generates signals and software used to interpret them. In 2003, without examining the software, the FDA gave 510(k) clearance to market the device for measuring galvanic skin resistance [2].

This does not permit it to be marketed for diagnostic or treatment purposes [3]. However, GTech's brochure states that the system provides "hormonal evaluation, emotional stressors, circulatory disturbances, digestive maladies, nutritional assessment, immune disorders, weight loss evaluation, food sensitivity analysis, environmental sensitivity profile, metabolic disturbances, sleep disturbances, comprehensive analysis" and includes "evaluation of over 5,000 items such as bacteria, cell salts, chemical toxins, dental disturbances, digestive disturbances, fungi, heavy metals, mycoplasma, neurotransmitters, parasites, and protozoa, to name a few." [4] The brochure further states:

The process begins by taking energetic readings and measuring the body’s capacitive reaction. Through the process, customized filters (frequencies) relating to specific issues (such as chemical toxins, allergies, digestion, etc.) are output. If any of these filters creates a disturbance to any energetic component, cellular component, tissue, organ, or system of the body, the negative response will be registered by the patient’s body through the Asyra.

The system will then automatically load products (remedies) that are useful for restoring homeostasis or balance. It will then quickly scan through these until the patient’s body identifies the product/remedy that will remove the underlying disturbance and allow the patient to obtain an improved level of health. The product/remedy is then placed in the Hold Tank to store your results. The Hold Tank stores both the filter(s) that created an imbalance/disturbance and the products (remedies) that allow the individual’s body to restore homeostasis, balance, or improved health [4].

These claims, in addition to being preposterous, go far beyond what the FDA clearance authorizes.

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2010]
  3. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, all.

I expect that this thread is likely to develop into another knock down, drag out session, but I will just throw in what I know of the Asyra machine.

I saw the Asyra machine demonstrated in a talk by Dr. W. Lee Cowden at the AutismOne conference in Chicago a couple of years ago. He also reported on his experiences with detoxing people using this machine to diagnose, and a laser-homeopathic technique to treat.

I don't claim to understand the basic science behind this machine's operation, but I do believe that Dr. Cowden is a reliable and honest person, so I have to take it seriously.

I think Dr. Cowden now mostly uses the Zyto machine, which I think operates on the same principle.

As I understand it, what the Asyra machine does at the electronic level is that it measures the DC resistance through the body, from one hand to the other, by passing a small DC current. Thus, it does respond to the galvanic skin resistance, like a lie detector does, but according to my understanding of it, is also claimed that other things influence the body's DC resistance as well, and the machine's operation depends on these other effects.

While the machine is monitoring the DC resistance of the body, it also impresses AC signals on top of the DC current that it is applying to the body. The AC signals have specific frequencies, and they are applied in sequence, each for a very short time. The machine measures the effect on the DC resistance of impressing the various AC signals. There is a very large number of these AC frequencies used.

Now, here's the part I can't say I understand: Supposedly these signals of various frequencies stimulate responses in the body, depending on the presence of various substances or conditions in the body, or on the capability of the body to respond to various substances. I think the claim is that the various molecules in the body, which are composed of chemical elements and ions, have dipole moments and also have characteristic vibrational frequencies, determined by the atomic masses of the elements of which they are composed, the type of chemical bonding, and the overall structure of the molecule. Thus, if they are excited at their resonant frequencies, they will absorb energy from the electromagnetic field generated by the AC signal. When this occurs, it affects their behavior. For example, if the molecule is an enzyme, this could affect how it catalyzes a biochemical reaction. Somehow, the changes that are induced then affect the DC resistance of the body.

That's about as well as I can explain what I think I've heard and read about how these machines work. I think the explanation is at least somewhat plausible, given that it is not a complete explanation.

As I said, I saw this machine demonstrated. In the particular case involved, Dr. Cowden asked for a volunteer, someone whom he did not know, to come up and undergo an Asyra exam. Several people volunteered, and he picked a woman, who joined him at the podium. Both said they did not know each other, and Dr. Cowden said he did not have any information about this woman's health. She took hold of the electrodes in her hands, and he ran the machine, the scan taking about 20 minutes. Then he read the output, which consisted of a numbered list of results, supposedly the most important ones listed first. The first one listed said that there was a problem in her left jaw. The woman exclaimed that she had just had some dental work done there.

Dr. Cowden also discussed some case histories, which were very interesting. One involved a guy who had been an auto mechanic for a long time, and had been washing carburetors in gasoline with his bare hands, inhaling the fumes. He was quite ill. The Asyra machine came back with gasoline being his worst toxin.

The next part of this story is likely to be viewed with even more skepticism by some here than the first part, but I will relate it, nevertheless. As I say, I believe that Dr. Cowden is a reliable person. Dr. Cowden treats some conditions, such as toxicity, by use of a homeopathic form of the specific toxic substance in solution in a clear glass vial. He shines a laser pointer through the solution, which causes the laser beam to form a fan shape, and he sweeps this light over the person's body. The explanation given was that the substance in the vial modulates the light beam with its own characteristic frequencies, and these are then conveyed to the body, and they excite certain specific detox reactions to occur.

In the gasoline exposure case, he reported that he asked his nurse to take the guy into the next room and perform this scanning on his body. A short time later, both the nurse and the patient came out of the room rapidly and said they could no longer stand to be in there. Dr. Cowden went into the room, and found the air to be filled with gasoline fumes. He opened the windows, shut the door, and everyone was kept out of the room for the rest of the day. The patient felt considerably better after this treatment.

Well, he told other stories like this, too, but you get the idea.

Now I'll stand back for the blowback! :)-) Honestly I don't blame anyone for being skeptical about this, but I've been hearing enough about these types of things from people I believe are credible that I take them seriously, and am curious to understand more about how they might work. To me, the trickiest part is the specific coupling of electromagnetic radiation of certain frequencies to biological molecules, and the responses that are provoked in them. This is plausible to me, but I'd like to know more of the specifics of this mechanism.

Best regards,

Rich
    [This Message was Edited on 02/02/2010]
  4. mbofov

mbofov Member

harmony21 - I've had very good results with muscle testing done by a very competent chiropractor. I had several digestive issues that were making me quite sick. The regular docs were clueless, could not help me. After several years of no help from mainstream medicine, I went to the chiro out of desperation and over the course of the next couple of years he pinpointed several different problems I was having, and gave me nutritional supplements by Standard Process. My digestive system would be in the toilet (no pun intended) were it not for him. He also helped with my weak adrenals and a few other things.

So for all those who trash muscle testing, I'd like to say give it up - the doctors were useless more times than I count. The MT helped. and it was cheap - If it didn't work, I would not have kept going back to the chiro. (Although I did keep going back to regular docs, even though they couldn't help - go figure -) And if you don't understand how or why MT works and thus say it could't help, well, maybe someday we'll find out exactly how it does work.

We don't know everything about the human body or energy fields - I think some day the way medicine is often practiced today will be seen as the dark ages.

So re the Asyra scanning - I think the proof is in the pudding - see whether or not it helps you. If it helps, then great. If not, don't spend more money on it.

Mary
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 New Member

I do not understand it at all, but my grdau who just came to live with me
    due to severe CFS/ME, had this testing done 18 mo. ago; she brought
    the results with her, and I have had her intensively tested for the
    problems it uncovered, and the testing was absolutely correct! i was
    astounded, as I was told it was quackery by the good folks here.

She was told she had a sulphur methylation problem: yup, she does.
    She was told she'd have to watch for cancer: since then she has had
    a breast lump and now cervical erosion...further testing this month!

There were about 20 'redflags', and slowly but surely, I'm finding out
    the testing was as accurate as anything I've ever seen.

The human body is amazing; science will prove just how much, and
    new testing will maybe become commonplace. For now, I'm very
    grateful for the information the testing gave me to follow up on, or
    else my darling girl might have died from cancer before age 25!

skeptik2
  6. gatarrufat1

gatarrufat1 New Member

I had the Asyra scan done and was interested in knowing if it can be harmful at all. I did experince tingling and numbness on my hands fingers and face after being scanned.
  7. crazyme50

crazyme50 New Member

At the time I had the Asyra scan I was on 4 percription medications for allergies and Asthma. I hated taking so many drugs and argued with my doctor for 2 years before starting on inhailed steriods, with nose spray, once daily allergy meds, a rescue inhailer, and a mild anti anxiety medication to manage side effects.

A friend told me I should talk to the owner of the alternative medicine center she works in and after 1 1/2 years of changing percriptions and dealing with colds and headaches I finally went.

I had just completed a full pysical so I know what some of my issues were and were not. I was very impressed that this practitioner did not try to tell me that there was anything out of balance that I did not already know and had proven with blood work.

I have been seing her for 8 months and after 3 we had me off the persciptions all together. They tell me this is a bad season for allergies but I have had no problems and take 0 medications.

I have the homeopathic remedy that is given to me after my visit and that is all I take with the entire visit less than a quarter of the cost for all the percsiptions.

8. gapsych

gapsych New Member

HELLO!!! Welcome to the Alternative board!!!

gap
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Uhhhhhhh, Welcome to the Board?
  10. jessiekeough

jessiekeough New Member

The article about asyra and it's FDA Approval of it, and the marketing by the Asyra brochure came from Quack Watch a website written by : Stephen Barrett .

At trial, under a heated cross-examination by Negrete, Barette conceded he was not a Medical Board Certified psychiatrist because he had failed the certification exam in Oct 13, 2005.

This coming from an article of the website www.canlyme.com

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2012]
  11. 57pyro

57pyro New Member

The "quackery" site is all BS, I have seen the machine, and my wife was scanned, it worked great. The more we have learned about Natural Medicine, the less I believe anything that the AMA or the FDA says is good, just watch tv for awhile, how many commercials about lawsuits against drugs and procedures that were approved by the AMA and FDA. Since I've seen it work, that is enough for me.
  12. Scotty44

Scotty44 Member

Several sites having mentioned a U. of Utah allergy study that found a 97% correlation between the Asyra findings and blood tests, I tried to find the study with no luck. Anyone know how to find it? The description was of a double blind study. The FDA sent a warning letter to the machines maker, GTECH - if I remember right, and the FDA's website showed no response. The company's address gave a town's name, the town's website didn't have the company's name listed in its business directory. I went to asyra.com, and it was under construction.