At the End of my Rope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Aug 28, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I can't continue on like this, and I don't know where to turn or where to go next.

I don't know what to buy for food, or have the energy to buy it, let alone know what to do with it once I have it home.

I can't see how I can go back to work for Sept 9th. My dr doesn't even know what to do with me anymore. I don't want more drugs.

HELP!
  2. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficutlt right now. Just know that we're all listening.

Are you seeing a doctor that specializes in CFS and/or Fibro? They seem so closely related. If not perhaps that's your next step.

I'm sure you've seen the posts on the Oprah article this month on CFS. It says that there's a test and possible cure on the horizon within 3 to 5 years. That's a long time for those of us who are suffering, but if it's true, sure gives us hope.

Try to see a physician that deals with the DD on a daily basis if you can.

Yours,Lil
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Lifting you up in prayer, His arms are around you.

Prickles had a good idea pizza night, if that's possible, if you can get someone to go to the store for you,

buy things you can ear right out of package but not junk food.
    Apples and peanut butter, instant oatmeal, cheese, cottage cheese, and tomato juice, raw almonds, baby carrots prepared to already eat.

I buy alot of this type of food.

I'm lucky to have a hubby who will run to the store for me, or step in and make a meal for my family when i can't.

We keep alot of frozen cheese pizza's on hand.

One of the best supplements i've found for energy is,

spirilina, it's a type of alge (greenfood)

My raw organic applecider vinegar- mixed with hot water and honey

Vit.
    B's all of them, and
    magnesium

Is there someone who can help you out for a while, so you can rest, and sleep??

Don't forget prayer,

Hugs,
    misty

4. kaymac

kaymac New Member

....I think we go thru spells when we can't see simply the "light" at the end of the tunnel!

I don't know you're entire situation, but maybe sandwiches and chips? I don't grocery shop anymore either, my hubby does all that, thank goodness. I actually fixed 4 meals last week, only to lie on couch all weekend!

Hang in there and the light will shine again soon!

kaymac
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I'm SO SORRY you are going through this.

I wish there were something I could do, or tell you that would boost your energy level.

I have a weight issue, and know I should be buying better foods to prepare, but like you...who feels like it?

I get fresh fruits and vegetables, but when it comes to cooking meats/main dishes, I have lost interest.

I'd rather eat cereal. I don't feel like making tuna salad, or taking time to prepare a "good" meal. And of course, it's more expensive to "eat right."

I was doing the bag salad thing, till I found an online article from Dateline about it containing E. Coli.

I understand some of what you're going through. I really haven't done squat today and am just exhausted and have a headache!

Sorry for babbling. I don't think I helped you much. I hope I didn't make it worse.

Wishing you some relief...
    E
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Been there, thought of that. lol (And still can't spell.)

I'm not making light of how you feel, it's just that I know it so well. I also know that there will be better days so hang in there.

If it's any consolation to you, you have a great haircut! ;>)

Here's a hug: (((((((((((((YOU)))))))))))))))

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I care and feel for you.Always remember tomorrow is another day.
    I too get tired of being given drugs but now I take what helps and let them know when it doesnt.

pour out you feelings here we understand and we do care.

I pray for God to touch you and give you peace and comfort for each day ahead of you .Do something special for yourself you are worth it and its time to give yourself a break
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hon, don't forget (as if you could) that you've just come off of Effexor and that can take quite a while to start feeling better from.

I've never gone off of mine, but I do know it's hell for most people's bodies even when weaning properly as you did.

I wouldn't expect you to feel better yet for at least a few weeks if not more.

What other changes have you made lately?

Have you started any other meds? Have you thought about some good supplements? Are you taking a really good multi vitamin?

And although I live overseas, I'm pretty sure that there are grocery stores that deliver. Maybe check online for that service?

Hugs and hang in there,

Nancy B.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]
  9. wordbyrd

wordbyrd New Member

{{{{{razorqueen}}}}}

I'm sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed. Hope you were able to get something nourishing to eat and that it helped you feel better.

I understand what you're going through, and I care about you. You're in my prayers. Hang in there.

--wordbyrd
  10. SolitaryDancer

SolitaryDancer New Member

Just a couple of suggestions regarding food. I have no energy to cook and I used to love to cook all day and freeze stuff. But, now more. I can make pasta salad and that's about it.

Check our Schwan's frozen food. www.schwans dot com

They deliver and/or mail frozen foods to your door. They are wonderful. Very tasty and a lot of them are cooked in the microwave. It tastes like real food. Trust me they are a God send.

For staples and such you can get most of them online. Amazon has a great grocery section. Then there buythecase dot net

Both are very good

Deb
  11. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I kinda got tickled when you said you swear . I grew up with a mother who could cuse like a sailor and so I never did ,I tried to be very proper.And a good little girl.

But when I got really sick and had to release some stress let me tell you it sound terrible, but I thank God for my mothers swearing it came to me very easy when I needed to relieve the stress.

Hey what can I say some people get in fights,shoot other people or set fire to something.I just would swear .LOL its very healthy and doesnt hurt anyone.Kinda like punching a pillow LOL

Razorqueen,I was thinking about food make things simple dont worry about big meals that in its self can be overwhelming.Take advantage of fresh fruits and Veggies at this time of the year.

summer salids for meals are great.Crock pot cooking in one pot is simple and very good.Soups just toss everything in that you like and let it cook all day.Challenge your kids to find recipes they can fix on line.Tell them to keep it simple .Even your daughters friends might like to drop in and help her cook for mom sometimes.

My children are all gone from home I'm a Granny now.But when I think back I wish I could have thought pass my painfull Days to get the kids involved in cooking.I kinda let them down in the art of cooking,I always did it and it could have been a great teaching for them and Lots of fun for the family. Even the men could challenge the females in a cook off of simple things.

Let me know how that works.I hope you are feeling better

12. lolee

lolee New Member

We have all been there, and I'm so sorry "it's your turn".

So I will pray for you: relief: from pain, feelings of "I am an island", fear, frustration, and helplessness.

Don't worry about Sept 9th on August 29th.

I will also pray for God to give you a longer rope. LOL!

Love,

Lolee
  13. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

for taking the time to let me know I am not alone in this mess. My head and neck are really killing me right now, so I won't take the time to say all I would like to say, but maybe tomorrow.

My boss (who is married to my cousin) called today. We decided I would give Sept 9th a try and see how it goes. I won't be doing my Thursday for the month of Sept, and if the 9 th goes well, then I will do the 23rd as well.

I will report back in tomorrow to give more details etc. I can't sit here any longer.

Raz
    p.s.
    thanks again, guys! :)