At the end of my rope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, May 13, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

The pain just gets worse everyday. I am hurting, tired and depressed. My chest,ribs and back hurt so much. Radiates even up into my shoulders and under my arms. And to top things off my body hurts everywhere else. I am just full of complaints today. Only good thing about this day is my daughters smiling face....and I guess just being alive is something to celebrate, silly me, it is worth celebrating. I am just worn out from all this. Sorry for whining.
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Go ahead...whine away. Actually I dont consider it whining. It sucks to be us sometimes. Ok...most of the time. At least here there is total understanding. Im sorry its particularly bad for you right now. And I understand about your daughters smiling face. My 9yo sm will do silly song and dance routines just to make me laugh. Hes such a ham....Sending you a gentle hug and wishes that you feel better.
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I understand your pain. There is hope.

Chest and rib pain can be associated with the infection Bartonella.

Fatigue, pain and depression are associated with the infection Borrelia burgdorferi.

These infections are often found together.

I am getting treated and I am getting better.

Here is some info.....symptom list p 9-11...Bartonella and other coinfection symptoms and info p 22-27 of this paper....

This booklet explains the basics and also has a great symptom list...

The key to recovery is finding the cause(s) of your illness.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh my gosh, you're not whining at all. I completely understand, I think many of us here do!

Some days I think "you've got to be kidding me!" when my pain gets so bad I can't stand it.
    It just gets tiring to deal with it day after day after day after day....well you get it.

The problem w/Fibro that we all know is that we do NOT know the cause so right now we have to treat our symptoms.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Keep looking at your daughter's face when you need a reminder that life Is good even though we live a tough one.
  5. SquidWrath

SquidWrath New Member

I had the EXACT same issues.. pain so bad i was literally bedridden for months. The doctors said i have one of the most severe forms of fibro they had seen. Everyday, it felt like someone shot me in my armpits, beat my neck and shoulders, and every muscle in my body would spasm individually, followed up by innumerable areas of burning, tingling, stinging and even complete deadening of the limbs (dead all except the pain) and also stigmata pain. And the migraines.. so bad i couldnt read and the color white made me ill. I have been suffering from this for over 20 years, and have been diagnosed for over 6.

I was ready to give up..
    Then, my doctor talked me into taking lyrica. After 11 months on lyrica with NO bad side effects, I can say may life has been nothing less than a 180 degree turn. All of these things fade very noticeably AND your ability to move without muscle burning comes back.

If you have the opportunity.. PLEASE ask your doctor to try this. I was taking it 2x per day with minimum effect but was recently switched to 4x daily.. and now even the migraines are gone. Do some research and see how you feel.

If you felt like I did, you'd be willing to try just about anything. I was considering a trip to visit a Amazonian witch doctor..
  6. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Interesting you used those words, as for the past 3 days I've had a major attack w/my chronic gastritis; couldn't eat; weak; depressed; living alone, so decided I'm outa here. Searched all the ways to do it, and ended up at chloroform!!

Got too weak to continue when my 'ex' came to my rescue & gave me the meds I needed to bring that pain under control. He just took over cause he knew about my thoughts of wanting to leave for years.

So "whining" is something I think many go beyond that. You're being amazingly strong amongst all that you're dealing with. I often wish I had the philosophy of being alive is something to celebrate..........that "Hope" is what gets many from day to day. Others take another path.

Hoping some pain tools will appear to ease the intensity you're feeling.