At the grocery store today I saw an old

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Beadlady, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

friend of mine from the church I used to go to. We had a short talk and a hug. She said that they are having the womens retreat next weekend if I wanted to go. At first I said no, but after thinking about it for awhile, I have been thinking about going. I haven't gone to this church in about a year.

Would it be tacky going to the retreat if I haven't been attending chuch? for over a year? Or do you think this would be a good way to get me movitaved again to start going?
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am so cynical, having worked for churches 40 years. But I would say GO. And see if church people can practice what they preach. According to God's will, you should be greeted with open and loving arms. Go. And, let us know about it.
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

because apparently the Lord used her to give that message and that blessing!

Let us know the wonderful blessings you recieve from having this retreat.

Love ya,
    webby
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Beadlady

If you really want to go on the retreat and think you will be ok, then go!!!!!!

I think we worry more about not attending church due to the way we feel then the people at church do

The ones that know what you are going through understand and anyone that does not understand , well too bad for them I guess.

Your friend wants you to go too, she must know what a wonderful person you are and that you would enjoy yourself there.

God Bless
    hugs
    kgangel