Ate Japenese last night and had instant reaction....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI - I was wondering if they put MSG in Japenese food as well. I have eaten "bad things" before and felt rough afterwards, but last night.... We ate at a Japanese restaurant where they cook right in front of you.

I had about 6 bites of food, became very boated and full and thought I was literally going to pass out (fatigue wise) at the table. Got a little dizzy too. Can you tell me what bad stuff is in that, that is awful for my FM.

Just curious... food was great, but I could not eat anymore at that point.

Hugs
    Kim
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

MSG is in so much stuff. I have to read labels on everything. Go to www.truthinlabeling.org. I very seldom eat out now. I've even stopped buying beef sticks for my dog. MSG can cause dogs to have seizures. No wonder he was nuts when I gave him a beef stick or a basted chew bone. I've started making him jerky.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kimba:

I like eating at home because I have never gotten sick on my own food.

When I do go out I order something 'safe' and will ask questions about it.

But, for you, maybe there is another problem that needs to be checked out. One never knows, so I would monitor it.

You sound like you are in good spirits and hopefully doing well.

nyrofan
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I LOVE ethnic food, especially Asian. Twice I have eaten at Japanese Restaurants. The first time, we sat at the Hibachi Table where they prepare everything in front of you. I had the Chicken, and whatever they throw at you, fried rice, noodles, veggies. Was VERY good, enjoyed it, would go back, BUT,,,,Immediately after, my lips and tongue became numb, and stayed numb and "buzzy" for several hours.

Next time I ate at a (different) Japanese restaurant, I ordered off the menu and got a Chinese Chicken and Brocoli.
    Food was only okay, but no reaction.

I also wondered what they used, that caused my lips and tongue to go numb. Don't know that I will eat there again because of that.

Thank God I have no problems like this with Thai or Chinese Food.