Ativan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrskbarnett, Aug 18, 2003.

1. mrskbarnett

mrskbarnett New Member

Has anyone out here tried Ativan for anxiety attacks? I was just recently put on it for anxiety. Does anyone else out here suffer from the attacks? I have them three or four times a week and I'm not real sure what brings them on. I'd appreciate it if anyone has any info on the meds or just how you all deal with anxiety attacks.
    Kim
  2. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hi, Yes, I have Ativan for anxiety attacks. I do not get them too often, but the Ativan does help. It is a pretty mild medicine. You should not have any trouble with it. Just take a few deep breaths when you feel an attack coming on and try to think of something peaceful. Hope this helps some.
    tlc8858
  3. 2girls

2girls New Member

Not really sure if I get anxiety attacks - I do get very odd sensations that seem to come out of the blue. I do however take low dose ativan for sleep (1mg).
    I recently changed docs and my new doc rx'd diazapam (5mg) but it did nothing for pain or sleep. I switched back to ativan (only at night) and find it quite effective.

2girls
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I've taken Ativan off an on for a few year's. No problem with it, but it just wasn't quite right for me. I now take Xanax, but only when thing's start getting Stressful.
    They also help me to sleep, and I don't have bad dreams on them. I didn't with the Ativan either, but I did on Ambien.

What the Dr. gave you is Valium, and I had bad reactions to them, the 5mg wern't strong enough, and the 10mg, made me walk into wall's, lol, and I do that enough already.

Hope you have good result's with the Ativan, give it time and be sure to Journal, at least for a few day's, how you felt on it, and if it made a difference or not. I keep track only because I do have weird reactions to different meds', and I want to be sure the Doctor's don't give me any of the previously tried med's. Why waste money,

God Bless you,

sharon
  5. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Hi- I've been taking lorazepam(generic of ativan) since early this year on the advice of a very knowledgeable friend, who has been researching mercury detoxification for the past 10 years.
    Yes, it has helped my symptomology of this kind of "off balance"/ brain fog/ fatigue feeling that i'v dealt w/for the past 10 years. I'm only taking about a 1/2 mg during the day at work, but it does seem fo calm down my brain enough so that i helps the fogginess,,,etc...
    My friend tells me that much of brain problems are due to the havoc caused by the metals from the amalgams in my teeth, which i had replaced a couple of years ago. The onlgoing struggle now is to get improvement in the these symptoms as the mercury/metals are slowly removed from the tissues and the brain.
    In the meantime, meds like lorazepam and klonopin are helping me live somewhat normally.

JT