Atkins not working-quit Doxepin, other meds interfere?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hollie9, Aug 10, 2003.

1. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

I know a lot of you have lost weight on Atkins and I used to before CFS.

I've been on induction for 2 weeks and haven't lost anything. He says some meds interfere and I suspect Doxepin woulld be one since almost everybody gains weight on it. I've been tapering my dosage to 5 mg but now quit completely (and have headaches).

Anyone know if Klonopin, Ativan or Restoril could be the med that makes Atkins not work?

Any advice appreciated about this Atkins not working.

Hollie

2. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

FM Queen: I think I was following it to a T but surprised you can eat peanut butter! I love the stuff and always assumed it had loads of carbs, you must be eating the non sugar stuff from health food store?

Thanks for the recipes, cream cheese and celery, etc.

So glad to hear you lost weight because I have been so discouraged. Hard to believe just 5 mg Doxepin would throw me off, well I'll see. I wonder if it takes awhile to get out of one's system?

I probably will have more questions. Thanks again,

Hollie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I lost 24 pounds on the SomerSize diet while on Klonopin.

"The Nutritional Guide For Syndrome X" is an excellent book about insulin resistance, but the diet isn't as good as either Atkins or Suzanne Somers' diets. It does, however, give some hints. Celery is an excellent way to reduce insulin as is cinnamon. Taking alpha lipoic acid is also an excellent supplement for insulin resistance.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. hollie9

hollie9 New Member

So glad to hear Klonopin doesn't hamper Atkins. I now have HOPE! Can't stand this extra 20 pounds.

Thanks for your advice.

Hollie