Atlanta Doctors Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Aug 2, 2009.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi all,

I will be moving to Atlanta and am looking for the following Doctors:

A good Immunologist or Allergy and Immunology?

A good Primary Care who is familiar with our condition of CFS?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Also, any support groups in the area that you have found to be helpful.

Again much appreciate.
  2. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

Basically primary care physicians who are in various cities in Georgia, but none in Atlanta, sorry.
  3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Really appreciate the support.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

There is a Fibro & Fatigue Center, it has gotten mixed reviews as it seems most do; but it might be worth a try. The support group I belonged to is in Athens, which is about 70 miles from downtown Atlanta - what area around Atlanta will you be living in?

I know some people who see several doctors but not sure in those categories... however, for joint pain there are 2 doctors who are sisters in Lawrenceville that generally get good reviews, if you will be living close to or in Gwinnett Co. I can get their names for you if you'd like.

It's a shame there aren't more doctors doing good work there, since the CDC is basd in Atlanta!

good luck!

all the best,
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2009]
  5. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I am not sure where I will be living yet in Atlanta, I really need to become more familiar with the neighborhoods. There are so many. The Fibro and Fatigue Centers are out because they do not take any insurance. I pay enough money for the coverage and cannot afford it to be honest.

And I agree with you its really sad since the CDC is located there.

I doubt I will want to go as far north as Lawrensville. I will let you know when I decide where I am going to settle. I will start out at an extended stay until I can find an apartment. Thank you very much for your help.

Athens is supposed to be very nice from what I here.
  6. wrthster

wrthster New Member

7. mezombie

mezombie Member

Hi Wrthster,

Good to see you posting!

Good luck on your move. Do try to get as much help as possible!

Someone here posted a very helpful hint.

Doxygirl has a "Doctors" thread (in bold letters toward the top of the screen). Rather than scrolling through it, you can click on your browser's "Edit" button, then click on "Find", then type "Atlanta" in the box that shows up.

That will bring you to the first post on that thread with "Atlanta" in it. "Atlanta" will be highlighted. For more posts like this on that thread, just tap your "Enter" key. This way, you should be able to get some more Atlanta doctors recommended by posters here on PH.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

8. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Thank you all for the great suggestions, names, and support. I really appreciate it.
  9. GALynn

GALynn New Member

what are the names of the joint doctors in Lawrenceville. I assume they are rheumatologists?
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

yes, they are:
    Lawrence-Ford, Theresa A B MD
    Cynthia Lawrence Dugas MD -
    600 Professional Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045-7651

(770) 822-1090

I'm not sure if one is preferred over the other, I will ask the people I know who have been to them if you'd like, but I didn't think so.

Are you near Athens? It is a great support group....

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 08/11/2009]
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

12. victoria

victoria New Member