Atlanta FCC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dalphia, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

I'm been seeing Dr. Bullington since August and have been very impressed with the knowledge base presented to me. I too am like Sandy, except my blood work came back as Epstein Barr, plus 3 other virus/bacteria. Now, we are testing for Lyme Disease which I feel certain will be positive.

I began the anti-viral I.V's, plus oral medications for Epstein Barr. Dr. Bullington advises we begin treatments for the other 3 (one each month) until all have been treated.

At least I now know what is making me so sick. Until I found this Clinic I wasn't getting any medical help except for the bandaide approach. Getting to the root of the sickenss was my goal and I truly believe I am there now.

Sandy, I'd like to hear how you are being treated for the Lyme Disease.........I know with antioboditcs, one much treat the body slowly with these meds. for Lyme......

I do hope everyone getting medical treatment at the FCC's will give themselves time for the protocol to heal.

Good luck to all.
    D.D.
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Thanks for the post. It was needed.

Dr. Bullington started me on Biaxin which I just couldn't tolerate. It was making me soooo depressed, nauseated, etc. she finally changed my abx to Zithromax and Ceftin together. I've only been able to take 1/2 the dose because its just too strong and the herxing was too much for me. I will say, a lot of people do well with Biaxin so don't write it off.

On my last visit which was 2 weeks ago Dr. B. said I could pulse the meds. 10 days on and 5 days off. I had read about it on the lyme board. Pulsing has helped me tremendously. Zithromax stays in your system quite awhile.

Before I started the abx I was on Heparin and Lumbrokinase to get the blood thinner so the lyme can't hide.

I'm also taking a slew of supplements and bio-identical hormones.

Dr. B. just started me on the anti-viral, Artemisinin, plus I'm taking Samento and will start Cumanda soon.

If you have any questions, just ask and I'll be glad to answer them. If you are positive for lyme, lymenet.org is a great forum.

Sandy

3. Empower

Empower New Member

Curious as to what you mean that your blood tests came back with Epstein Barr???

Do you by chance have a copy of your bloodwork and have the exact figure?

My PCP did an Epstein Barr blood test on me, and I did test positive, but he said that like 95% on the population will test positive for EB by the time they are in their 30's.

He is very knowledgable, so I can't believe that he wouldn't know what he is talking about.

I don't know if I should be concerned about the EB results or not???

(I have FMS and CFS)
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

DD-Do you live in Atlanta? So happy you are getting help!!

Empower- My results were 16 times higher than what they would consider the normal level. They don't really tell you you have Epstein Bar but they treat you as if you do. For me it's working! I take Doxy for the Mycoplasma and Famvir for the EBV.