Atlanta FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cindye, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cindye

cindye New Member

Has anyone who has been going to the Atlanta FFC been told about the new research showing that 80% of Fibro patients are in a state of low level activation of the coagulation system and if so, have you underwent the proposed treatment. My daughter is considering undergoing the treatment between semesters and we were wondering if anyone else had done this and what their results were.
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

At the Detroit FFC. It only involved taking 2 pills twice a day on an empty stomach. I will find out if I still need to do this Monday when I get test results back.There are others at the clinic who do the Mini heparin shots for short time periods and they seem to do well. That's all I know.
  3. cindye

cindye New Member

When you did the treatment, did you go through a phase where you felt really bad - hurting more and being extremely tired? Are you feeling better since you did it. I will be interested to hear the results of the tests when you get them. Thanks for replying.
  4. wld285

wld285 New Member

I go to Philadelphia and he told me at my last visit that he thinks I will have to be treated for this, and I am rather leary about it. Also scares me because I have had
    cfs for alot of years, which might make treatment more difficult.
    Would love to hear from anyone that have had these treatments.
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I did not "herx" from the coagulation treatment. There was no feeling of being worse, only a little bit of achy legs feeling as the fibrin in my legs was breaking up, no big deal.

After about 6 weeks of being at FFC I began to feel really good. I'm sure treating the coagulation issue helped, but I was also taking supplements for enery, thyroid, bioidentical hormones and getting the IV treatments. So I don't really know which was helping me the most. I suspect a combination of the above.

Since late Aug I have been battling bacteria and viral infections, and don't feel as well as I did last June and July, but I will get there again!
  6. cindye

cindye New Member

My daughter has been going for six months and is feeling better. When she started in March, they were not doing this test so it was just diagnosed in August - she is also on several supplements and some prescrips. When they did her blood workup in August the numbers on everything was beginning to move closed to normal - those that were high are lowering and those that were low are rising. Hopefully in another 6 months, they will be close to normal. That was good to hear you did not herx - that is why we are waiting until between semesters becasue we were warned that that may be a issue. Keep me posted, please. Thank you.