ATP-20 Supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ltarmand, Sep 13, 2005.

1. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

has anyone tried these supplements? Please tell me how I am suppost to take them. My doc just sent them to me with no instructions. do they have any side effects? When do I take them and how many.
    thanks
  2. NifferA

NifferA New Member

Both me and my daughter take these as recommended by Dr.Salvato. I take one in the morning when I take my pain medicene, and one in the afternoon when I take my pain med.

My daughter is 17 and had a hard time remembering to take hers, and she did like to dissolve it under her tongue. Dr. Salvato recommended that she take 2 tablets at night, and it was ok to swallow them.

I hope this helps.
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Just curious. :) thanks!
  4. NifferA

NifferA New Member

ATP is Adenosine Triphosphate. It is the molecule that carries our bodies' energy. The following is what I found in an internet dictionary.

"Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the nucleotide known in biochemistry as the "molecular currency" of intracellular energy transfer; that is, ATP is able to store and transport chemical energy within cells. ATP also plays an important role in the synthesis of nucleic acids. ATP molecules are also used to store the usable energy that plants convert in cellular respiration."

5. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

does it matter when you take them? Will they keep you awake. That is my biggest concern. Today I only have taken 1 tablet and I took my injection on Tuesday. I think I need to take more than one but I am afraid I won't sleep. Thanks for all of your advice. I did dissolve it under my tongue, why does doc recommed this?
    ltarmand
  6. NifferA

NifferA New Member

so I can't say whether they will keep you awake. I don't think so, because they don't give you a caffiene type effect. I take one in the morning and one in the afternoon. My doctor recommended that my daughter and I each take 2 tablets a day.
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

if you see a beneficial effect !