ATP deficiency. Is there a test for this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tantallon, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I have given up on my doctor, so am looking for reasons for my chronic lack of energy myself. Is there a test for ATP that I can ask for?

I know that D-Ribose increases ATP but I would like to know if I am deficient first before I incur any expense.

Hope somebody can answer me.

Thanks in advance
    Sue
  2. bengough

bengough New Member

Dr. Salvato in Houston measures ATP indirectly by testing cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate?) levels.

When I was first tested in January of 2004, my cAMP was 3.3, where between 8 and 11 is normal. I reached my highest level of 6.7 about six months ago. The last two levels were 4 and 4.3. I'm taking 1cc of glutathione/ATP three times a week.

bengough
  3. bengough

bengough New Member

Dr. Salvato in Houston measures ATP indirectly by testing cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate?) levels.

When I was first tested in January of 2004, my cAMP was 3.3, where between 8 and 11 is normal. I reached my highest level of 6.7 about six months ago. The last two levels were 4 and 4.3. I'm taking 1cc of glutathione/ATP three times a week.

bengough
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Can be measured using Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratories. They have a test for the Krebs Cycle, I THINK it is part of their Cellular Energy Profile. It showed the Krebs Cycle as a Circle, and measured each part of it, Malate, Carnitine, NADH, FADH, a-ketoglutaurate, tons of stuff. From this they can give a list of supplements to either augment the deficiency, or helps your body make the needed nutrient.

They can give you a list of doctors in your area who order their tests, and choose from that list or try your own doc, but, it takes REAL EXPERTISE to interpret these. Just testing low on say, 3 nutrients, doesn't mean you should take those 3. I would use a doctor who has experience with these tests and their interpretation. Also, the test results, comes with a written interpretation.

And, I may not be 100% accurate on the name of the test. They have a GREAT website at: GSDL.com
  5. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

Bengough can I ask you, did you feel more energetic when your ATP level was higher, and what do you think contributed to it lowering?

I have heard of cAMP (dratted brainfog - can't remember what it's about now) but I could ask another doctor to have this tested.

Elliespad I have heard of this Great Smokies test but I am from the UK - I wonder if they will e-mail me some details. Thank you for supplying a website info. Also I'm going to have a look at the Krebs Cycle info.

Cheers both of you,
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2006]