ATP injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ltarmand, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

Has anyone heard of ATP injections? My doctor recommended them to me but I haven't heard from her nurse. Does it help? what does it consist of?
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I am curious about this, too.
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i've been looking into atp recently, but didn't realize you can get injections. after everything i've tried, it seems to make sense to take the war straight to the cellular level when addressing the muscle pain.

bumpity bump bump,
    e.
  4. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I have had glutathione/ATP intermuscular injections in the past. I took them once a week for 12 weeks and saw some improvement in fatigue and pain in the beginning (first 6 weeks). After that I regressed. My doctor switched me to sublingual ATP-20 tablets which I have now been taking for another 12 weeks and have seen a lot of improvment in my fatigue but no improvement in my pain. My lab results also show a substantial increase in ATP. In addition to the ATP-20, I take pain medication, a multi-vitamin, and NAC to increase my glutathione levels.
  5. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

Did you have any side effects from the injections? Trying to prepare myself before I start them.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2005]
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Who makes the ATP tablets ? Can you buy them or are they
    prescribed?
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I saw an earlier post by Niffera about the ATP-20 tablets. She said they are made by Douglas Laboratories.

I went on-line and found a few sites that sell them. Two of them are Spinelife and House of Nutrition. I've ordered from both of these places before, and always had good service from them.

I did call my health food store and was told that Douglas Lab only sells through chiropractors or other healthcare practitioners (like Standard Process products). But you can get their products on-line and Spinelife had the best price.

I ordered some ATP-20 this week-end, hope to get it this week, and see what happens (I'm on day 2 of getting over a CFIDS crash right now)

Mary
  8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I will check into this as it is rare to see anyone say that they have found anything that really helps with the fatigue.
  9. NifferA

NifferA New Member

During the second course of injections, skin around one of my eyes began to peel for several weeks. I can't say that this was a direct side-effect because I had also changed moisturizer around the same time. I tend to think that I most likely was allergic to the moisturizer, and that it had nothing to do with the injections.

I order my ATP-20 tablets made by Douglas Laboratories from myvitanet.com.
  10. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

I have a guestion about the injections that you took. This is my third day after the injections and I can barely move. I can be fine one minute and then fall asleep for hours. This is totally abnormal for me because I am always on the go. I sleep for 4 hours this afternoon and had to get up to pick up my kids. Is it going to get any better? I thought I was suppose to start feeling better... I don't have any patience.

Thanks.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2005]
  11. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I had to stop the sublingual drops because I got a fluttery, pounding heart sensation. I cut the dose before I stopped and no matter how low I went, I couldn't handle them. diane
  12. taniar

taniar New Member

This is new & exciting. I hope you all will continue to post successes & not so successes. Thanks,
    Tania
  13. taniar

taniar New Member

This is new & exciting. I hope you all will continue to post successes & not so successes. Thanks,
    Tania
  14. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I just received two bottles of the ATP-20 tablets from Douglas Laboratories today, and took two tablets (sublingually) before dinner. Will have to wait and see if they help.

I found a post on another website from someone (being treated by Dr. Patricia Salvato of Texas) who was taking the ATP-20 sublingual tablets, and they said that ATP was also very important for proper immune function. Here is an excerpt from what they said:

"Dr. Salvato also uses ATP-20, made by Douglas Laboratories (see their website). ATP not only improves the patient's sense of energy, but also is used in critical metabolic pathways of all kinds. Of its many functions, one of the most significant for CFS patients is antigen presentation, which is dependent on having sufficient ATP. As part of its everyday functions, the immune system must decide which foreign proteins (e.g., viruses) to contain and mark for lysing or killing. These proteins must be "presented" by the cells that contain them, and they must have ATP to do it."

I've been fighting a sore throat and mild respiratory infection for a few weeks now. I already took one course of antibiotics. It just feels like my body is not working right and has no ability to fight off anything. Anyways, I am very curious to see if the ATP-20 tablets will help me fight off this infection, which does not seem serious enough to hurt anyone else (no one around me is getting sick), but is making me very weak. Also, of course, I want to see if it helps with energy.

Mary
  15. ltarmand

ltarmand New Member

Thanks for the info on the ATO tablets. Do you know what the difference is between the injections and the tablets? Just curious. What is the other web site that you go to?
    lana
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2005]
  16. NifferA

NifferA New Member

The injections didn't make me sleep more, but it's definitely something to ask the doctor about. Dr. Salvato did tell me that the ATP-20 tablets have significantly more ATP in them than the Glutathione/ATP injections. I noticed a big increase in energy with the tablets. I did begin taking NAC once I stopped having the injections so that I would continue to make my own glutathione.

I know the glutathione is supposed to help detox, maybe it's causing your body to heal by ensuring you get more rest.
  17. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Niffera answered your question re the difference between the tablets and injections. I've never had the injections.

I can't list the website, we're not allowed to post them here, but if you do a google search for "atp-20 patricia salvato", you'll find it.

Mary