Atten:BABS41

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Oct 31, 2006.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi and thank you so much for the Philly info. I would be curious to know what helped the brain fog and if you took any antivirals and if they made a real differenc. I am already on estrogen, progest.,testos., cortisol, and DHEA. And of course an array of supplements. I had already been on bio hormones, but he uped them.
    Maybe I should't ask and ok if you don't answer, but which doc do you see. I see Dr. L.
    ANY info. you could give me would be so much appreciated. And by the way it usually takes me 4hrs. to get there. I have the IV for pain and fatigue each time(takes about 1 hr.). Have not had anyother IV's.Linda
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

My appoint. was the 20th, but I called yesterday and moved it up to Mon. Since nothing good is happening I feel like I'm wasting time. Besides that, the brain fog is soooo bad it is scaring me.
    I take the neuro B12 and have taken coq10 for a long time. I also have EBV and very high yeast. I will get the results of tests for infections when I go back.

The 1st IV, I did not notice a difference, but the 2nd time it really helped me ont the drive home. I never left there till 6:30 and was alone. Also helped pain in my neck and back. However, this only lasted a few days.
    Who knows, maybe they will get better each time.
    Thanks for the info!!!!
    Linda
  3. wld285

wld285 New Member

Actually, no. Brain fog and memory are so much worse, and am also more fatigued.My last appoint. was about month and half ago. I started on Nystatin(which I have taken before), cortisol 10 mg., and he uped the progesterone and testosterone, which I started just a week ago so I could finish my others (very expensive as you know).

I did call 2-3 wks. ago since I was getting no response to taking higher dose of flexeril for sleeping. He started me on doxepin, increase every 3 days up to 50 mg. I used to take this (for 12 yrs.), 75 mg. with pretty good results. It is a very long story as to why I stopped it. But since 1999, from my PCP (who thinks I have panic and nerve problems), I also take 50 mg. Zoloft and 2 mg. ativan at H.S. Now 50 mg. doxepin and 10 mg. flexeril....and 3 mg. melatonin. Still is not letting me get the amount or quality of sleep I need. That is another reason I upped my appoint. They probably get tired of me calling there.
    Sorry this is so long, didn't mean it to be.
    Thanks for listening.
    Linda