Attention all Nancy s

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Aug 24, 2005.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I've been noticing there's a heck of a lot of Nancys posting. This is a just for fun question.

How many of us share that name????????

signed.....Nancy
  2. Nanledaroe

Nanledaroe New Member

I believe that someone else posted on the "Nancy" subject not to awful long ago. There's quite a few of us around here.

Nancy
  3. UPK5

UPK5 New Member

Hi out there, all of you ladies with the name, Nancy.

My name is Cindy. Ends in a "y" and has a vowel then an "n" as the second & third letters, just like Nancy.

If you type Nancy in the search space, you will find lots of Nancy's out there.

I have a cousin named Nancy.
    I have a few friends named Nancy.
    I never read Nancy Drew, did you?

Good Luck finding one another.

Smiles,
    Cindy
  4. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

This is the second post in Nancy's. I am one too.!
  5. sunflowergirl

A few years ago I was invited to join this "Nancy" club made up of everyone with that name. The lady who invited me to join was a mover and shaker of this community and my neighbor who would have gone straight to the courthouse to change her name, was pea green. I declined though. I just couldn't see having lunch with ladies who that was the only reason they were together.

I'm 60, and I've only run into one other person, aside from this woman, with the same name. And she was about 35. I think it really went out of favor. When I first started working in my 20's I was called Nancy with the laughing face by this one older guy. I asked him why, and he told me about Frank Sinatra's daughter, and the song written for her. Actually it fit me, because I'm always smiling or laughing.

I was a huge Nancy Drew fan and had quite a collection when I was young. Do you remember when they made it into a TV series? Not very good.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]

Chocolat. Have you ever heard the term.....Nancy Boy. Not very flattering and I resent they they chose my name for that.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]
  6. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

I'm a Nancy, and I've never liked my name, I've always liked Linda! lol, go figure, at least it isn't Myrtle, hehehe. Sorry to any Myrtles out there.
  7. NANCEA

NANCEA New Member

I'm Nancy from Indiana..I'm 62 and I haven't met many Nancy's either. I think it's an old name and not many younger parents are naming babies old names....Nancy
  8. sunflowergirl

When I was in college and my girlfriends and I would spend time at the beach or something, we ALWAYS chose an alias and I was always Tracey. I've never like my name and when I added my maiden name to it, well it just landed with a thud against the wall, so to speak.

Along with Nancy Drew there was always Nancy and Sluggo. Remember that comic strip. Gosh, she was so homely!!!!! With an ugly haircut to boot.
  9. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Yes sunflower, I remember Nancy and Sluggo, man was she ugly. hahahaha. I did read all the Nancy Drew mysteries tho. But I recall her being quite the little priss, wasn't she? :)
    Yeah, Tracey's a good name![This Message was Edited on 08/25/2005]
  10. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Another Nancy from Indiana originally - now Chicago. I seem to have had a lot of other Nancy's in my life...worked for 2 different ones. I am 43...the only nickname I ever had was Nanny-goat because my brother's name is Bill - so he was Billy-goat...my lovely sister came up with the names....her name was Marsha until she changed it - she hated Marsha (Brady Bunch) so she was mean to us....

Nancy Beth