ATTENTION: "I REMEMBER ME" ON CABLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyblues68, Apr 16, 2003.

1. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I'm so excited my husband just came and told me he was taping a show for me. I know a lot of you have seen or heard about it, but for those who haven't it will be on cable.

I Remember Me
    Sundance Channel on Cable
    Thursday 4/17 From: 5:45 - 7:00 A.M. Central time

I Remember Me

Kim Snyder

74 MINS, Color

Often dismissed as either a psychosomatic illness or merely an excuse for laziness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is persuasively defined in this revealing documentary by filmmaker and CFS sufferer Kim Snyder. Researching possible CFS outbreaks in the past, Snyder reveals that the debilitating disease often manifests itself in clusters, prompting her to visit two "hot spots" Punta Gorda, Florida and Lake Tahoe, Nevada. She also interviews three current CFS patients, film director Blake Edwards, soccer star and Olympic gold medalist Michelle Akers and Stephen Paganetti, a Connecticut high-school student who has spent the past two years in bed and had to be wheeled on a gurney to attend his own graduation. "As a work of passionate advocacy, I REMEMBER ME can't be faulted" - Village Voice. TV14 (AC)

Paula Heredia

Other times showing:

Thursday 04.17.2003
    6:45AM ET

Sunday 04.20.2003
    6:30AM ET

Friday 04.25.2003
    9:00AM ET

Monday 04.28.2003
    11:30AM ET

Hope you all get to tape or watch it.

Tammy

2. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Bumping....there's still 4/20,25,28/2003.
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I ended up with the Audio part, but the Visual is shot on Both of the Tapes. I have 2 TV's & 2 VCR's, so I was trying to do 2 at once, and they both turned out bad.
    I see that they are on again, and I'll have the Hubby tape for me.

I'm having a Flare, so I'm full of Electric right now.
    I shocked myself at the Walmart this am, I touched the metal rack, and it Bite me. So that's why the tapes are messed up.

Madwolf, they have a website I do believe, somone posted it before, might try a seach, or try the www.rememberme.com and see what happens, may be a .org tho
    Sincerely'
    kredca4
  4. wolflake46

wolflake46 New Member

just bumping to get the word out

Diane
  5. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

If any of you don't have this channel you might try a friend. Maybe they would have Sundance and could tape it.

Tammy
  6. MelanieThebirdlover

MelanieThebirdlover New Member

7. nancyw

nancyw New Member

8. tandy

tandy New Member

Darn it!!! I get like over 200 channels and thats not one of em!!! I'm looking for a copy.....I may have one coming on loaner.(my fingers are crossed) I did see it awhile back on buy.com for a better price than amazon.For those that are interested in purchasing it.
    Take care everyone!
    Tracey
  9. Debbi

Debbi New Member

still sunday and monday left
  10. lucky

lucky New Member

My daughter watched I REMEMBER ME on the Sundance channel in Washington State and was very impressed.
    Unfortunately, I am not getting this channel, but am trying to find out if it is also aired in Canada. This movie is an eye opener for many, especially in the medical profession - would I love to watch it. Lucky
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2003]
  11. lucky

lucky New Member

I believe my daughter was watching 'I remember Me' by pure coincidence.
    She wrote me details about it, and I must say, if it rocked her emotions than it must have been quite something.
    In this film a lot of names are mentioned of people who have CFS, the poor care we get from doctors, social stigma, etc. etc. - and above all the daily suffering somebody with an illness like CFS has to endure every day.
    I am living in Canada and according to the film a Canadian research group is also mentioned. I got in touch with them and was asking if they know when/and if the film will also be shown on cable here. I expect hearing from them after the holidays.
    Have a wonderful Easter in hopefully sunny Washington State which I love. Lucky

12. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

Oh Dear, Now what is up with this? Wouldn;t you think out of the 900 channels that direct TV offers we would be able to find it? I don't watch TV much but, this is usually what happens when I want to. So, now what ared my options? Anyone else out in the part of the country with any suggestions?

Well, Thanks for letting us in on this, I will keep trying to find it!

Hugs and HAPPY EASTER....Pam
  13. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

BUMPITY BUMPITY
  14. Molegirl

Molegirl New Member

I just saw this message...I have the Sundance channel, and it's on two more times in the next week. I'll try to remember to tape them, then maybe we can circulate a couple of copies around.

Tandy, your copy is coming, I promise!

~Molegirl
  15. tandy

tandy New Member

Geez....I wanted to add that whoever above said she could'nt get it...(I forget who it was...and I tried to remember???ticks me off!!I have the memory of a elderly)
    Anyway....I could loan it to her after I've seen it.I wanted to let my Ma see it too because she has OA and FM.
    Thanks Molegirl!Hope you got my e-mail!
    Warm Regards,
    Tracey
  16. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

17. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

There is one day left of "I Remember Me" on Sundance.

Monday 04.28.2003
    11:30AM ET

I hope a lot of you got to see this flim.

Tammy
  18. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I looked it up under the title and found the website but cannot afford it right now. It's up around $30 something. But I can't wait to get a copy.

Pam
  19. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

This was an amazing video but don't watch it on a down day it made me cry alot. Thanks for telling us it was on.
  20. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I don't get the Sundance channel here either. I checked with my library and they dont have a copy either. If anyone would be willing to loan me a copy, I promise I would send it back.