Attention: JESS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, May 27, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Jess-

This is Hope. I really wanted to know how come you didn't have Mr. Gilbert help you. Why would you go to the Gilbert Clinic if you had the money. I really would like to try this but I need to know that there is a good chance that I will get well. If I do it I will keep uou posted and let you know every step. I just really need to know if it is worth it. Thanks!!!

Hope
  2. jess

jess New Member

Hi, When I spoke with Dr. gilbert it was maybe 5-6 years ago. This was when he first came here. there was no clinic then. If I remember, it would have been a few hundred dollars a month which we couldn't spare then. He made no promises of course but said he could try. I was afraid to mix Chinese herbs with the meds I was on. There was only his word that his treatment worked and he said it helped fibro people. I have mainly cfs with some fibro symptoms. If I had money at this point I would consider his clinic. I also would consider Dr. Galland in New York. I had read some great things about him too. When you called the gilbert clinic were you able to speak with any of his patients about their treatment? Maybe the clinic could refer you to some of them. Good luck and I hope whatever you consider you feel better. Jess
  3. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks Jess!

I actually asked for some names and numbers of patients and they said the patients did not want to be bombarded with phone calls. The only number they gave me was the one of the lady in the magazine. That disappointed me. I just want to go somewhere where I know I will get better. Everybody makes these promises or gives these great statistics. I have been to see Dr. T and have been to the fibro & fatigue clinic, neither worked for me. I am the bread winner in the family and I am trying to hold on, it is just so hard!!!

Thanks for your advice!
    Hope