ATTENTION Louiesgirl2

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Aug 7, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi,

I saw your post to me on the thread about MEL GIBSON and FLOYD LANDIS...I wasn't sure how to take it so I checked your profile (being nosy)...Love the pic and noticed you wrote you had guinea pigs...

I have been considering getting 2 male piggies but have reservations about how to take care of them properly as well as relating them to my two labs...Could you give me any advice on them??? I have researched for months and know many of the Not-To-Do's as well as what is best but would rather hear from someone who has them...

As for the reply to my post, I don't know what you meant exactly except that you wanted to share that what Mel said was the truth because the truth comes out when we drink...I AGREE!!!! That's why I commented that his beliefs and values make him an individual and his actions are based upon his beliefs and values, drunk or sober...

More importantly, he could have KILLED someone driving drunk...Only one of the other posters mentioned that...I would hate to see what Mel would be doing had he killed a child or other being...

I also hope they both get the help they need, but that won't change their belief systems, will it? They will have to learn to control themselves...

I am thinking we are on the same page with this, just using different ways to express it...So, nice to meet you and hoping you will take the time to share about your piggies...

Thanks in advance~Alicia
  2. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Yes we are on the same page regarding Mel and Landis, just saying it differently.

Now on to a more pleasant subject. Guinea Pigs. MAKE SURE AND I REPEAT MAKE SURE are the same sex if you intend to keep them in the same cage, which I would not suggest due to territory issues. I never recommend keeping piggies, rabbits or hamsters together. They can be very territorial and they like their own space.

That being said, they make great pets especially if you get babies that have been hand raised. Pet store piggies are iffy. Mine were adopted from people who no longer wanted them. That is a long story in itself. What were supposed to be mean piggies turned out to be lovers when I got them. I truly believe they were being abused where they came from.

As far as your dogs are concerned, that depends on your dogs. I have a dog and she could have cared less. They are easy to care for, they do need vitamin C added to their water. I would research on the internet about feeding them as there are certain things you should not feed them, or go to the library and get a book and read up on them. Though I believe you said you were doing research.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask away.
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thank you for taking the time to advise me on the piggie issue...

I was thinking of getting two males and getting a two-tiered or multi-compartment house for them...I know they don't jump well and can fall so I may do one level but several different areas, esp. for doing their business...I would like it if they would poop in one area so I can take them out to interact with my labs and that will be less of an issue...

I have been looking at pet stores and humane societies but I find that they look sickly, have skin problems and the people keeping them (selling) have less actual knowledge than I...That bothers me...

I would like the short-haired brown ones, only cause I love the color and texture of the brown ones and they look more attractive to me...My Hubby was ready to get me the "GRAND" model cage and all the accessories when I said I was considering a piggie, then he realized to care for them right was actually a responsibility and so we started to discuss it more and more...

I have my vet on alert so when I do find the right piggies, he will check them out for me first, before I subject my boys to something...Today, there seem to be wierd parasites and such that I wouldn't know of in advance, so we have the vet for their care, now we just need the piggies...tehe

Well, thank you hon again, I will update you on my piggie situation...And of course, if I get them, they will be in my profile...haha

Peace~Alicia