Attention pleaeDog lovers, Max need's prayer I found

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by claudiaw, Feb 11, 2008.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

a lump that looks just like his last mast cell tumor back in July. It's right near the same area, it was a grade 2.

I know it may seem silly, that's why I asked for animal/dog lover's, because I am so scared, I don't want to lose him.

I love this dog so much. being homebound and in bed most of the day he has become my therapy dog. he never leaves my side. I've loved all my animal's, but this one is extra special since I have become disabled.

If you'd pray for me too, i'm a mess!

2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

There is nothing silly about that. God created the animals too, and dogs and cats have brought us humans nothing but love and devoted companionship. Pets are our family too, and just as important as any other family member. Their love is unconditional. They have a certain quality that is more uplifting to the human spirit than most other humans have. We love them, we need them, and they provide us with neverending joy. They complete us. I would be lost without my cats and my dog.

I will pray for you and your sweet Max.
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

We are on our way to the vet right now.

4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Prayers for you both. I lost one of my pits to Cancer last year.. hope he pulls through this for your sake.

5. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I really understand where you are coming from. Two weeks ago I lost my beloved Asa (cat) and it was very devastating for me. He was my baby and he always comforted me in my time in need. Even if I was just having a bad day he would sleep right next to me.....I do have other kitties but Asa was special to me. He loved me unconditionally and was always by my side.

I will pray that your bay will be OK. Let us know what the vet says, OK?

Lots of love and hugs for you!
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

the cancer is back. he's on prednisone to shrink the tumor though it is small, hopifully to get any straggler mast cells.

he will have surgery next wed. It's not good that it's back already after just 7 mos., but it is small, so that's good.

But if they keep coming back then that will be worse, so I'm just devastated. I knew it was cancer, but was hoping I was wrong.

I don't know what i'll do w/o him. I just need to not worry about that right now I guess and focus on the positive. Which is it's small, and right now it's the only one.

it's so hard because I can't even cook for myself, yet I do a semi-homade food for him and spend more than I can really afford on supplements and it came back anyway. It makes me think I've done all this for nothing, and maybe I should just buy dry dog food and stop wasting money on the supplements.

i feel the same way about myself, I'm still sick even with organic healthy food and supplements. Maybe it's all just a waste of money.

7. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

But you did find it early and that is always a huge plus!

Just keep on loving Max and take it one day at a time. You never know when it is someone's time....when I lost my dear Asa he was only 10 years old...I would have never, ever guessed that my baby would leave me so soon.

Just give Max lots of hugs and love! Also, don't be afraid of spoiling him --- I will keep your Max in my prayers that he gets the tumor removed and becomes cancer free.
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

i always spoil him.;)
    I love him so much.

9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'll be praying for Max and for you. Take one good day at a time and enjoy him. One day is all we really have anyway. And I hope you'll picture him well and free from tumors. Tell him that you love him and that he's a healthy boy.

I've lost beloved pets and know what anguish you're feeling. I say make it easy on yourself food-wise and save the cooking energy for lots of hugs and petting. Use a good-quality dog food instead, with some canned mixed in. It will be a treat for him.

He knows you love him.

10. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

i will do my best to stay positive for both our sakes.

It's small, and he seem's healthy otherwise.

I will continue my regime w/food and supplements, I have to know I'm doing ALL I can otherwise, i will feel guilty. that's just me.

i appreciate you guy's cheering me up. I know you all have health issues and struggles of your own.

I feel selfish asking for prayer for this, but it no way meaans I don't care for all the need's of other's here and all around theearth.

But sometimes, I need prayer and encouragement too.

I called my daad, we aren't close, but he was out last month. he still thinks I'm sick because it's somehow my fault, I'm not seeing the right doctor's, doing the "right" thing's whatever those might be, etc.

Stupid me, i told hoping for a bit of compassion, his first word's were, you need to put that dog down. Boy I told him off like he's never heard.

he's allway's been critical and I couldn't take it, he had the nerve to say I alway's get made at what he say's.
    maybe that's because what he say's is allway's so insensitive.

Anyway thanks for the compassion, I can't get from my own father,

11. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Oh, claudia I am so sorry, I know how you feel, i have a yellow lab that is my baby and the best thing (besides my kids) that i have. He means the world to me and i don't know what i would do without him.

I can't believe you father is not giving you support. Does he not know what you doggy means to you. That should be all the reason for him to support you.

You have our support and prayers Claudia.
  12. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

thank you.
    My dad doesn't know much about me because he's never taken the time to listen to me.
    all he's done my whole life (I'm 40 now) is critize and compare me to my cousin who can do no wrong in his eyes.

it's a long story, but he's not an animal person, but he does know I love my pets, so that alone would think he could have been a bit more compassionate, even though he doesn't feel the same way.

anyway, thank you,
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

I do understand how you feel on both counts and you have my prayers for both of you. I lot my 15 yo cat 2 years ago, he was always there for me. I got up one morning and found him laying on the kitched floor, just like he was asleep.

I now have my 2 dogs and like you, they are my therapy and don't know what I would do without them.

I do agree with Marta on the good dog food and hold back on the supps, there are some out there that may be worth it, but overall spend the money on good food and you don't need the supps.

I have a mother that is like your dad, they will never change and I feel for you that he won't listen to you, he is the one who has lost out. Prayers and hugs to you and Max-Carla
  14. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

ckball said it, "he is the one losing out". Now that i have kids i can honestly say they come first and no matter what they do or what happens I will always be there to support them.

I also have a mother that left me at age 8 and i have lived with my Daddy all of my life. Best dad in the world. Anyway, she has never been there for me and never will.

I just can't imagine a parent ever doing that to their children. Claudia, just remember that we are her to support you and you can pretend we are your family. Well i guess you don't have to pretend we are your fibro/cfm family. Love ya and have a great day.

I just love this board and am so glad i found it.
  15. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'm sorry for what you've had to go through.

I think some people should not be parents and my dad is one of them. I know that sound's harsh, but it's true. he had a hard childhood, so you'd think he'd try to be a good parent, but I guess he was never taught how, so i try to remember that so I can have compassion for him.

But I can't share anyhting that matter with him, I have to stick with the weather.

Thank you for your kind word's about Max, he's my buddy, and never leaves my side.

i try to feed him the best I can, there is a lot of debate about that and what supplements are helpful, just like all the debate on what may help us. who know's.

i'm trying to feed us both healthy and take the supplemnets that have shown some promise, so I feel like I'm doing all i can for us both. But in the long run, who really know's what work's? i guess it's in God's hand's, but I still feel like I need to do something!:)

He's got plenty of love and spoiling.:) he'a a horrible watchdog, he kiss's everyone who comes in the house if they get near his face1 he thinks everyone loves him like I do.:)So much for the pit bull sterotype.:)My little female beagle is the watch dog.:)

i tried to put his picture in my bio, but I can't get it to load. I have an old computer that does what it want's.

Thanks for making me smile and letting me vent, and being a "family", because other than my husband i don't have one really.

I pray the best to you and your families and pet's,
  16. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'm using that along w/many other supplements.
    Thanks for thinking of it though.:)

I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm still very depressed and angry.

thanks for your wanting to help.:)

have a good valentines.;)

17. pawprints

pawprints New Member

love and prayers for Max. I lost my beloved Golden late December. I miss her so much today...I would put her pretty Valentine's Day scarf on and hug on her for the last 13 years.

Take good care of Max and just love him everyday. Don't spend your time with him worrying, that is a waste. Just spend your time enjoying all that he is...a great dog!
  18. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

to hear about your sweet dog. You are going through alot with his tumor coming back and your father's lack of compassion. That is just awful. Just do what others have said Continue to hug and love him and do your best every day.

Hope all goes well with him and his surgery. Just continue what you have been doing with him. Keep on loving and enjoying his company.

Keep us all abreast of how he and you are doing.

Hugs and blessings,

19. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I'm doing just that.
    it's just hard not to think of the worst as well when I look at him.
    My husband and I are in bed watching T.V. and max lay's between us, all aquished in, I don't know how he evn breathes>:)

most dog's may like to snuggle, but not be squished, max likes to be squished, the more the better.:)

i was just thinking how empty it would be w/o his paws in my face on resting on my back.:) he flips over onto his back so his legs are on me or up in the air w/his head on the pilllow between us.:)

I really pray this is the last of these nasty tumors and he can live out the next 5-7yrs or so he should.

thanks again for your prayers, I still ahver not talked w/my dad. we'll see how that goes. he's alway's beeen tactless, he's 70 so I don't expect him to change anytime soon, unless he see's how much it hurt's me. But since he blames me for most thing's, he say's I over react, and i'm too sensitive( maybe from being critised my whole life?)I don't expect any change.
    anyway, thank you for YOUR compassion,
    claudia, best wishes in your situations nad prayers to you and your's.
  20. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

to hear about Max's recurring tumor. I wish him the very best and hope he can pull through.

You and you wonderdul pet, Max, will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless both of you!!!!