Attention Stormyskye: Many Questions for You :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pw7575, Jan 13, 2007.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Hi Stormyskye,

I know you are busy and have put a lot of your free time into this board. I REALLY appreciate all that you have contributed. I have a few questions for you if you have the time to answer. I would like to follow the plan that you did for treatment. I have bought many supplements just this week but have some questions before I start all this.

Thank you SOOO much for any help you can give me. You have already helped so much with everything you have posted.

1.You say we should switch probiotics every so often and was wondering how often we should switch? Also what other brands do you use besides the Threelac in your rotation?

2.With the Aloe & Lemon...Is the aloe in a pill form and what brand do you use? Also does the lemon need to be fresh lemon juice or can it be bottled?

3.For glandular issues you recommended the minitrampoline and also said you took a combo herbal with licorice. I was just wondering what your combo herbal was? I really feel like I have some out of whack glands/hormones right now and need to know what your combo was.

4.What Vitamins if any did you take? I am currently wondering about vitamins. I currently take a multivitamin, a B Complex vitamin, Calcium with vitamin D, Magnesium, Vitamin C. I am trying to revamp all this as my vitamins are cheap and not good absorbable kinds. I was wondering if you took vitamins and if so which ones and what brands did you take or will the green foods supplement cover all this with no need for vitamin and mineral supplements?

5.You say to drink 2 liters of water a day (which I do drink almost only water anyways). If I am drinking an electrolyte solution do I still need the 2 liters of water PLUS the electolyte drink each day or will the electrolyte drink satisfy some of my water needs? Also do you think I will still need the electrolyte solution once on your treatment?

6.How long do I need to stay on all of the things you suggest? Probiotics, Aloe & Lemon, green foods supplement, molybdenum, liver cleanse (milk thistle & dandelion), pest treatments, etc. Just not sure how long to stay on all of this...don't want to take anything for too long if I am not supposed to.

7.What are your thoughts on Olive Leaf Extract? I just purchased some but noticed that it isn't included in your list of supplements for pest treatment. Wanted to know if this was something I should not include in my rotation of pest stuff? I think viruses play a huge role in my illness.

8.Also I have been having heart palpitations for 4 months now and have semi started the mitochondrial treatment from the posting on this board "CFS is Heart Failure Secondary to Mitochondrial Malfunction". Should I do both treatments at the same time...yours and this heart one? Also do you think your treatment would solve my heart issues with out me needing to even do both your treatment and the mitochondrial treatment? (I am seeing a cardiologist by the way...but if they come up with nothing than I want to treat with supplements)

Ok I will end the giant list of questions! I am so sorry to bug you with all these questions. I just want to make sure that if I follow your treatment that I do it correctly so that it has the best chance to work.

Thank You SOOOO Much for all that you do here on this board! And thank you for any help that you can give me.

THANKS!!!
    Pam

2. tandy

tandy New Member

back up top for you both~
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Thank you sooo much for answering my long list of questions! You are so great to continue to help us after you have a life back.

I am not on any medications. I prefer natural treatment as I do not tolerate meds well and I have never much liked taking meds anyways.

Hopefully this cardiologist won't want to put me on any meds. I really feel that these heart palpitations are hormonal or a deficiency of some sort related to my CFS. I started having mood problems, leg cramps, and heart palpitations all at the same time about 4 months ago so I think it is something other than a heart problem.

If I have to start taking meds (which I will avoid if at all possible) I will make sure to ask you if I should adjust the treatment.

So with the Bromelain and Garlic...I should be alternating between those two at all times while on the treatment? Maybe switch every couple of months like with the pest treatments?

When I am on the Pau d'arco in my rotation for pests should I still use either Bromelain or Garlic if the Pau d'arco also acts as a blood thinner?

With the tumeric...should that come last after I have started on everything?

I am already eating a healthy diet. I became vegan about 2 1/2 years ago to help fight this illness and it helped a lot. I eat fruits and veggies everyday and only drink water with the occasional apple cider or maybe a hot herbal tea. No caffine and no junk.

Being vegan may interfere with the shake though. I may try to replace the whey protein with another protein powder but I believe you told me before that the whey is important. I already take 3 tablespoons of flax seed daily and since being vegan I can sleep pretty well every night.

I acutally have high hopes for this treatment (which I guess I should watch since I have gotten my hopes up many times just to be disappointed). Until these new issues appeared 4 months ago I was actually at a managable point with my CFS thanks to being vegan (was still working from home but was able to get out and about and have a little bit of a life). Wish I had known about all of these treatments before this flare started 4 months ago.

I will be sure to take it slow. That is always my motto. I don't want to over do things. I will also be sure to print out info on all the supplements as you suggested. I probably would have done that any ways. I always look up everything. I do lots and lots of research...my boyfriend jokes that I have looked up so much stuff that I should be a nurse or a medical researcher :)

OK Sorry this is so long. Don't want to keep monopolizing your time.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for responding to my questions!! It means so much to me and others here that you still come to the board and help people. It gives us hope.

Thanks,
    Pam
  4. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I appreciate your in put about keeping a notebook. My mom has been on me for years to keep track of my illness and look for patterns but I just haven't done it. However, now that I am going to be playing with a lot of different supplements I can see how important this can be.

I need to be able to recognize and keep track of any possible problems with my diet or supplements and will need to be able to know which one is causing it. With so many different things I think the only way for me to remember and keep track of it all will be to keep a notebook.

So I definitely agree that this is a good idea. Hopefully I will actually remember to write things down all the time. My memory has really been bad recently.

Thanks!
    Pam
  5. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I will definitely check with the doctors if they want me to take meds. I was going to ask you as well in case there was something you also knew off hand that I would need to stop taking.

As for dosages shall I just follow what is on the bottle for each thing (starting slow of course)? Wasn't sure if you took more or less of what the directions say to take. I know with the Threelac I think you have said to just take the one packet...not more as the directions state.

Well, let's hope this works :) If not at least I can say I tried it and move on to something else. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for everything!
    Pam

6. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I will have to check out that website and see what foods do what. Now I guess I have the info I need to get started. All I have to do is order all the stuff I need.

Thanks Again,
    Pam
  7. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

8. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Unfortunately I am in limbo right now. I didn't want to start this until I got the results back from my cardiologist. I don't want to start taking stuff that I maybe shouldn't be taking if I have heart issues.

Apparently I went to a crappy cardiologist because I had two tests done TWO weeks ago and still they don't have my results. They were supposed to have my result over a week and a half ago and they still don't have them.

I have called my doctors office once and the cardiologist three times trying to get these results and haven't gotten them yet. Needless to say I am getting very irritated with them.

Anyways, sorry to go off on a tangent about my cardiologist.

So that is what is going on right now. Just me waiting on the test results and getting very impatient. I will keep you posted.

Pam
  9. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Stormskye,

Hi I read your post. I hope you don't mind. Just wandering if you have any medical background?

thanks,
    fungirl
  10. greeneyeslk

greeneyeslk New Member

11. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Just putting a couple of questions of my own in here, hope the original poster doesn't mind!

1. Do you think natural pest killers work as well as Valcyte/Famvir and antibiotics as my doc won't let me try these as they are too expensive and considered risky in the UK?

2. If yes, which are the best pest fighters and how do you take them?

3. What if you are not well enough to make the shake (I am too ill and weak)?

Thanks,

Bunchy x

PS I also have very little money to spend and supplements and whey powder are very expensive in the UK
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2007]
  12. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Some good ideas there - how do you "pulse" your pest killers? Which would be the best to start with?

Will try the alternatives to the shake - thanks

Love Bunchy x
  13. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I'm definitely going to try this :)

Love Bunchy x
  14. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am a bit confused on the Bromelain and Garlic. Below is what you posted to me earlier. Does this mean I am to be constantly taking either Bromelain or Garlic (switching between the two)?

I am asking because you posted above to bunchy that you only used garlic from time to time for about a week or so. So I am confused as to what I should do. Also do I start adding a blood thinner before or after I start the pest fighters?

"You didn't mention bromelain. It helps thin the blood (get rid of fibrins and helps with the pest fighting). I used this part of the time and garlic part of the time. Garlic also thins the blood. Pau d'arco also thins the blood. Don't over do on thinning the blood. Check each of your supplements for blood thinning properties. Print out info on each supplement so you can check, with ease, what they do."

Another question I have is about the Aloe and Lemon. You said before that it is used to help clean out the intestines. By this do you mean that it is just to keep the bowels moving or does it get stuff out of the intestines that shouldn't be there?

I am asking this because with all the fruits and veggies etc that I eat I have NO problem moving my bowels. Do I still need to do the aloe and lemon? Don't want to end up with diarrhea :)

OH and when would I add in the Damiana-Ginseng?

I am hoping to start soon. It looks like my test results came out ok. I got conflicting results but either way it looks like I will be ok to do this. At worst I have a very minor mitral valve prolapse at best it is all normal.

Waiting for clarification on this as I was told two different things. Great doctors office right! I won't be going back to that cardiologist.

Anyhow, thank you again!
    Pam
  15. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

So the aloe and lemon also help with absorbing stuff into the body...not just for keeping bowels moving?

Also does the Bromelain count as one of the two pest fighters that would be taken at a time? ie I would take bromelain and elderberry then next time pau d arco and atragalus etc.

Or would it be two of those PLUS the bromelain on the side? ie elderberry and echinacea plus bromelain all at once.

Sorry just trying to clarify :) I don't want to leave out something or skip something that is important.

I will definitely try to feel my way through and get a sense of what works best and what my body needs. I just want to make sure that I understand the basics of what the order is and what goes with what first.

Thanks!
    Pam :)
  16. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Sounds good. I think I got the jist of all this now :) Hopefully I won't have a hard time finding stuff as I am in the D.C. area. I usually can find things ok here.

I already bought some of the stuff but now I will need get the rest of it.

I look forward to starting this finally!

Thanks again for everything.
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2007]
  17. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

Im glad that you dont mind me jumping in on your thread.

I have decided to follow most of your treatment plan too.

My hub doest want me to take Valtrex for now. He is concerned about the long term effects that no one knows about. (oh he has a medical background in medicine or something)

I think dncnfngrs is MORE than a smart alec at times.....tehe

Im serious now- I take synthroid, t3, Iron, cortisol, pepcid, and klonopin.

would you change your protocol in regards to my rxs?

Currently im working on building my adrenals, and just added OLE at night. I want to go slowly.

I dont need any of that libido stuff either.

My ibido hormones are just fine:)

Love and light,
    jolie
  18. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Bumping for Jolie's questions.
  19. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

i know it is not the thing to do for digestion. But my heartburn is so uncomfortable. I need to get additional info about how to make my gut work best---without my daily pepcid.

Thyroid---burned up from my over use of SOY! CRAP!

Hashimotos is the name.

I take synthrois and T3.

Klonopin, is a wonder drug for me. Been on it for about 3 months at .5mg. I wake up feeling so much better from my usual near death feeling.

I also have very low ferritin. I have it up to 15 after 8 months of Iron therapy. It was 7!.

I have alway had a very good nutritional diet, except for the soy. I wonder if adding even more green foods will help?

I also have to watch my weight, Im a skinny mini. Since getting sick I lost 30#. I was thin to begin with.

Im drinking a high caorie yogurt shake at night and it is helping.

THANKS STORMY!

Love and light,
    jolie
  20. JolieLuLu

JolieLuLu New Member

is what the bio identical cortisol is for. I take a small dose of 5 mg-SR. It is working for me. The licorice makes me feel "speedy". go figure, sigh.

LL
    J