Attention Stormyskye . . . . .pretty please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lolee, Apr 7, 2006.

1. lolee

lolee New Member

I have a question regarding the Milk thistle . . . . .

Or rather I should say regarding cleansing the liver. The reason I am asking is because of what happened when I STOPPED taking the Milk Thistle . . . . .

For some reson (too long to go into right now) I stopped taking alot of my supplement and a quite a few of my Rx's.

But I was still taking my Parafon Forte (muscle relaxer) AND the Milk Thistle. Well, again, for additional reasons, I didn't take my Milk Thistle for a while . . . well I started have these VERy bad spells of nodding off, like I was o.d.'ing on my meds!

Almost like a drug induced Narcolepsy . . . . . .It was getting to where I was afraid to drive, nodding off at my desk at work, it was a REAL BATTLE!! Well, on a hunch I stoped the Parafon and BOOM nor more nodding of . . . . . (my PM Doc switched me to Flexeril, BTW)

I was wondering . . . . . .could the Milk Thistle have been preventing my from getting such a toxic "overload" in my system that I just didn't notice it until after I stopped?

And I would also apppreciate your opnion on pitting edema, not being from CHF, but perhaps from the toxins over loading in my system???

I won't get to log-on over the weekend, but I so hope you have time to answer for next week!

How are you doing? I haven't been able to kept up on all of your posts, I always enjoyed your news and information . . . . but is just a little tough right now!

SMILE!

But I do hope and pray that your garce and peace are just the same as always.

Luv,

Lolee
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

One more condition to add to your list: anemia.

I was told two years ago that this is what was causing my pitting edema.

Linda
  3. lolee

lolee New Member

Thank you so much for the information . . . . . . haven't had too much time to post until today . . . . . . . .my symptoms don't jive with whole CHF thing, and I haven't brought it up with doc yet . . .

I had an edema probelem before back in '79 when I was pregnant for the first and only 16/17 years old. But I have had it off and on for the last several years.

Used to scare myself thinking I had blood clot, but not the same thing, again symptom wise.

I'm suspecting my liver isn't what it should be, no I was never a big drinker, just my luck, I'LL end up with cirrosis of the liver and never having had the pleasure of being a drinking girl! ALAS!

But I can't do the Milk Thistle everyday, maybe I should try the Dandilion???? Some one, I think Jeanne in Canada sugggested that . . . .

What do ya think?

Thanks again by the way!!
    Luv,

Lolee
  4. lolee

lolee New Member

but I read somewhere that dandelion was much gentler then Milk Thistle and when I read about "too much" mlk thist. it sounded like what was happening to me . . . . . .

so I've been taking them every other day.

I was wondering if maybe my liver was just so "dirty" that when I take something to clean it out that it clogs up the rest of my system, hence the edema . . . . maybe that is my herx, ewwww that rhymes with curse!

I try and read up on these things on the internet but man you get like 27 different opinions!

And it's not that I'm lazy, but honestly I just kinda trust Stormy! I mean I've never met you are anything it just makes sense when you say it . . . . .LOL!

luv,

lolee