Attention TONAKAY - Lancaster Cemetery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, May 5, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

It gave me comfort to hear you are in the Lancaster area near where my Mom is resting. She is at the West Rushville Cemetery. Tiny old one in the middle of West Rushville. (tiny town too) Do you know where that is? If you do, let me know. She is so so far away from me now, but that is where my parents wanted to be, as all my Dads family is from that area and buried there. Let me know if you have ever been there. Thank you...Pattie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I just answered your other thread. I was born in Lancaster, my mother was born in Rushville. Your right, Rushville and West Rushville are very tiny. Is your family from here? Be sure to read the other thread....
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

4. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Thanks for replying. It gave me some comfort that you knew where my Mom is. She is way in the back. My grandparents and greatgrandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles and a cousin are all there. A great great grandpa is in the Mausoleum, served in the Civil War. I spent about 2 hours walking thru the cemetery before the hearse arrived, my husband and I left earlier than everyone else.
    Your name is very pretty, unique and different.
    Do you know of the Methodist campground in Lancaster? That was the only place we ever went on vacation when I was little. It was such fun times. Is it still there? I remember Mt Pleasant, the swans in the pond there and climbing the Mount and looking down over the town and what I remember was some sort of racetrack. I would like to hear from you again. Maybe next time you go to the West Rushville Cemetery you can stop by my Mom's stone and say hi for me. Pattie
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Yes the campground is still there but the area is really growing fast out there. Mt. Pleasant still overlooks the racetrack which is also the Fairfield County fairgrounds. Lancaster is a nice place to live. I'm in the country south of town almost to the Village of Sugar Grove.

I have loads of relatives out there too, I'll be sure and say hi to your mama when I'm out there, world sure grows smaller every day doesn't it? Bet you never dreamed you'd find someone from this little burg when you posted...

Hugz,
    Tona
  6. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

You are right I never dreamed anyone would know where West Rushville is. I have many fond memories of the area. My husband and I may take a trip thru southern Ohio this summer and I can visit the cemetery and hopefully the Campground too. We plan to retire in either Columbus or Cleveland. We are Buckeyes even tho we have been transplanted to Michigan. Thanks again, and have a good weekend. Pattie