Attn: All So. Calif people.....are you itching?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Jul 31, 2008.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I've had burning/itching arms for over a month now, and have tried everything. The doctor said dry skin along with FM but my skin isn't dry, and I've tried all types of creams.

Yesterday I was talking to my neighbor who's in her 70s and very healthy. She still plays tennis. She also has this very bad itching/burning on her ankles, legs and knuckles. The skin is very hot and red where it itches and seems to get worse as the day wears on.

Now we're wondering if So. Calif has been sprayed with something.
  2. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

When I came back from Hawaii about 2 months ago I woke up I was red and itchy all over. I went to the urgent care and got a shot of cortisone and some cortisone cream. It took a few days to clear up.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I live in Lancaster and haven't noticed anything. But perhaps some particular area was sprayed?

4. sunflowergirl

My son was itching really bad on one arm about 6 weeks ago....for a month.
  5. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

But I live in Summerland, CA
  6. sunflowergirl

You must be in your apt. a long time to have rent control. Lucky you living near the ocean. I'm inland and it gets hotter. My daughter lives in Chino Hills where the epicenter of the earthquake was. Surprisingly, she said it wasn't much at their house. I was on the freeway and didn't even know about it until I was talking to some people.
  7. 00a7370

00a7370 New Member

I live in Torrance but have only been itching due to pain meds after my surgery on Friday.

Earthquake was bad enough.

My husband bought me a self scratcher from the hospital gift shop. It was miserable! Even though I was in extreme pain I stopped pushing the button on the morphine drip because I couldn't stand the itching.
  8. VistaDeNada

VistaDeNada Guest

I get itchy off and on for no good reason (that I know of) and sometimes scratch my skin like mad at night. I wake up with claw marks and no broken skin but red blood trails just under my skin. I was able to show my "doctor" one time and she said they were purpura and not a sign of anything dangerous or treatable. I usually get them on my forearms, shins or top of feet. Sometimes all at once.

I ruled out stress, perfume, shower soaps, and laundry products. It's been happening for over a year now and when it does, I have to wear long sleeves the next few days because it's very ugly and startles some people. Yuck!
  9. SkeptikSharon

SkeptikSharon New Member

I live in Monrovia, near Pasadena, and I have been itching and breaking out often the last couple months. Weird. Especially a lot of breakouts on my arms.
  10. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i get itchiness off and on..almost like an allergy to the season/environment. I especially get itchy on my ankles. Weird. Im in N. Cal though.
  11. TallMOM

TallMOM New Member

I have been itching, and I live in MI. I have sprayed, creamed, and have only gotten relief from holding ice packs on my arms.
  12. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

Recently my therapist had a very red, itchy and swollen scalp that got worse over a couple of days. She went to the ER and was told she actually had a strep infection of her hair folicles, of all things! We live in So. Cal. She thinks her cat may have scratched her head at night and transmitted it to her that way. Weird, huh?

BILLCAMO New Member

the cause is most likely a combination of things. The most likely current causes are the fires you had down there. Not only did they modify the types of sun rays that made it through , but , the things that burned down there released a bunch of "residue" into the air. Some of that "residue" was toxic. For example , I'm fairly sure you have Sumac down there.

I know of something that may help many of you ....a totally natural herbal product. A gal up here grows her own herbs and makes it. It has helped a lot of people including those who have had chemo & radiation treatments. It has also provided relief to both myself and my wife.

Unfortunately , I don't think I can share this info on this site. That's really a shame since it really works great.

Sfg , you do know of another site where this info can be shared with you. My wife & I get nothing out of it other than knowing that we have helped others get relief.

Blessings ,

14. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I have been taking Vistril for years for the itching symptoms, that can happen due to FMS.

Sometimes my system sets it off, like when I am stressed, it seems like I will itch more,

mostly on the left arch of my foot, weird huh?

That was one of the First symptoms that I had, and I used every kind of cream & onitment, and nothing helped till I started on the Vistril.

Made me sleepy at first, but that wore off, thankgoodness.
  15. sunflowergirl

Thank you everyone for your comments. Bill.....I'm slowing down the itching since fall is approaching.....thank goodness.

Sharon: How are things going with you? Do you still have your sister with you?