Attn: Anne Cromwell:

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, May 7, 2008.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

You know, it was fun having Rock be guest book club discussion leader on PICNIC.

How would you like to be the discussion leader on EAT CAKE at the end of this month?

Not trying to shirk my responsibilities or anything. I enjoy doing it each month and would be happy to do it if you'd rather pass. But it's a nice change having other people lead by giving their opinion, maybe telling a little about the author, and posing some questions on the book, too.

Hope you're having a good week, dear Annie.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's a wonderful idea, Annie. You should do it. You'll be just super as vice Ken.

On the other hand, if you can't right now, that's wonderful too.

(I'm practicing to go into politics.)

Here's a joke I found on the net. Scientists have found a food that will significantly lower a woman's sex drive:
    Wedding Cake.

By the way, Ken. Seems to me you also had a faux Titanic post not too long ago.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

laughter really is great medicine-I always read the joke posts-loved the one recently posted here about what do you call a porcupine that kills turtles? A cold blooded quiller!

I would be glad to lead the discussion. Just let me know when it is to start. In particular I think women see the humor in this book moreso than the males-my brother often loans me books to read he thinks are hilarious but I don't seem to get it sometimes.

The political comment reminds me of a saying "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure."

Love Annie
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I don't remember posting a faux titanic post, but you could be right. I forget a lot of things.

Keep the jokes coming, if you come across more. I'm in need of them this week.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You're right, Annie. Studies show men prefer red-blooded, manly jokes about topics such as flatulence, sex organs and 3 something or others that walked into a bar.

It's possible that the indecisive joke you posted may be very funny.

Ken, I thunk about it. I think your Titanic post was actually a faux Loch Ness monster joke. On April first. However, I searched and couldn't find either one, so it's quite possible that it's my failing mind.

Oh well, once I was young and slim and pretty and belonged to Mensa. Now I'm just waiting around for the ride to end.

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great! How about posting on or around the 26th?
    I liked your line: "I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure." Also liked the porcupine joke!

7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I will be the vice madam chair then-whoops-that makes me illustrious yes?

Rock this is why men love the three stooges etc.

Love Annie