Attn: Barrowinnovations and others taking D Ribose

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Dec 2, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

In what form are you taking D Ribose--powder or pills?

Thanks.
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I am taking 750 mg. pills. I take one in the middle of a meal, twice a day. The directions say to take 2-6 capsules daily. so far, they do not seem to be causing any problem with my blood sugar(hypoglycemia), but I'm not sure they are doing me any good, either.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I got a small "tub" of powder. I take about a quarter to half a teaspoon in the morning in a little bit of water which is probably about 2-3 grams. I do it first thing when I'm half asleep so I don't know exactly how much it is, I just get a little out of the tub with a spoon I keep by the bed.

I have pills, too, which I guess I'll use when my 2 tubs of powder run out. I had also started eating less carbs recently which is probably why I had the hypoglycemic episodes. My liver is damaged and can't store glycogen properly so I have to load up on carbs during the day. I don't want to quit the ribose, though. It's really helping. And I don't seem to need the 10-15 grams like I have read is a good dose for this. karen

I have read that make sure you don't take it with any protein so that's why I take it so early, to make sure my stomach's totally empty! good luck with it![This Message was Edited on 12/03/2006]
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Finally got my Electrolyte Stamina and my D Ribose, and I'm starting them both tomorrow. I got the powder form of both, so I'll be drinking lots of water.

What time of day do you typically take the Electroylyte?

Have you had any more trouble with hypoglycemic reactions?

Ken
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I didn’t know about not taking it with protein, which I am when I take it with a meal. I am doing that in hopes it would reduce the effect it has on my blood sugar. That is probably why it doesn’t seem to be doing me much good. I’ll have to try it on an empty stomach and see what happens.
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm taking it in powder form.

You know what's really good? A scoop of d-ribose in a half glass of water, juice of a fresh lime, and then fill the glass the rest of the way with sparkling water.

It doesn't work well to mix the d-ribose directly with juice or sparking drinks. It works better to mix it with plain water first. Otherwise it leaves a film on the glass that's hard to wash off.

I noticed in Dr. Cheney's DVD that he said a third of his patients couldn't tolerate d-ribose. That's a large percentage. I haven't had any blood sugar issues with it, personally. I didn't notice an effect from it until I got up to 3 scoops a day.

I'm glad you found a dosage that works for you, Karen.

Forebearance
  7. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Downloaded her book and will begin reading it little by little when I am stronger. I do feel it has some good information from what I've read flipping through it.

What about the D Ribose? Does it make you hypyglycemic?

Also, what is the electrolyte solution?

Thanks so much,

Gretchen
  8. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

What symptoms have you found improved with the use of D-Ribose? Has anybody experienced improvement with severe pounding palpitations?
  9. Catseye

Catseye Member

I got rid of the palpitations using a chelated Krebs cycle mineral supplement and a good electrolyte solution, electrolyte stamina, twice daily. I was surprised, and angry, that it was so easy. I was angry it took me so long to find the article. So I had started on those before the ribose. But now, a month later, I'm having nocturnal hypoglycemic attacks that I think are related to nadh, coq10, ribose, glutamine and msg. See my post called nocturnal hypoglycemia. Maybe all I needed was a jumpt start from them and now I can quit or use infrequently when I feel I may need them.

happy xmas!

karen
  10. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

What specific products did you use? I'm not familiar with a chelated Krebs cycle mineral supplement and what you mean by an electrolyte solution and electrolyte stamina? Please advise. Were your palpitations like mine -- severe pounding, but not irregular and not fast?
  11. Catseye

Catseye Member

I was always aware of my heartbeat. It drove me crazy. It felt like it was beating just a little too hard all the time. And since I started on these, it's back to being inside the body and I have to "look for it" to feel it. Thank God! I hated it. Then sometimes it would skip a beat or so, stuff like that, but it was always there.

When I first took this stuff, I was in a panic a few times because I COULDN"T feel my heartbeat. It was so weird that I got so used to it pounding. The Krebs Cycle Chelates is a "scientifically balanced combination of minerals for heart health", its' by Enzymatic Therapy. And Electrolyte Stamina is a drink that comes in little packets and you mix one in a glass of water. It only has 2.5 grams of sugar and has all major electrolyes and some b vitamins and vitamin c and a few other things. It's kind of fizzy and really yummy. It has stevia.

I think Cheney had an article about increasing blood volume by increasing preload and reducing afterload with magnesium and electrolytes. It had to do with the ventricle not loading properly either caused by or causing low blood volume. It worked the same day I took this stuff. I used a mineral supplement instead of just magnesium because I know I'm not absorbing stuff well and alot of minerals affect heart health. And then when I saw the Krebs Cycle Chelates, I thought "that's for me!". And they worked like a charm. I'm still mad that some of this is so easy but our regular doctors don't know or won't tell, but how come my online doctor, Paul Cheney cfs expert, can tell me? Anyway, the heart issue is no longer an issue and I have moved on to the other miriad of problems. good luck!

happy xmas!

karen
  12. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I can't stand when my heart is pounding or just feeling my heart is uncomfortable too. Couple of days last week I got a bad headache that was coming from my heartbeat. I put my hand on the back of my head and the pounding of my headache was the pounding of my heartbeat. Don't need to check my pulse, I feel it loud and painful in my heart.

I get very frustrated with doctors. I hate the fact that I often know more than them, but I still need their help. I have just discovered this message board and it feels good to learn from others and gain support.

Question, does Enzymatic Therapy have a website and can you order directly from them? Did you get the Electrolyte Stamina from that company too?

Thanks for your help.

13. Catseye

Catseye Member

Enzymatic therapy does have a website that will tell you where to buy their products, you can get it in stores or online. I order everything online and then have it sent to the Dominican Republic. Enzymatic Therapy I've only seen online but it may be in stores, too. They're different companies but I get all my stuff from one place.

Enzymatic Therapy, BTW, is the brand that has Jacob Teitelbaum's formula for cfs patients, Daily Energy Enfusion, part of his "fatigued to fantastic" blends. I use the "Daily" stuff and I have used the Adrenal Stress End and Adrenergize for adrenal fatigue and also a thyroid formula. They are all supplements designed to support those problems. The "Daily Energy Enfusion" I use everyday, full of vitamins and minerals and amino acids. It's a powder, I use 1/4 scoop about 4 or 5 times a day. It's great stuff. I can't get enough minerals, so I take it with the Krebs Cycle Chelates, which is chelated so it's more absorbable, I take about 3 or 4 a day. I also take magnesium and potassium aspartate, that was recommended by both guys.

Teitelbaum's and Cheney's articles on their protocols have really saved me. I just wish I had known about them from the beginning, it's been 2 years of "surfing" before I found their stuff. They are long but they're really "must reads". Here they are in case you haven't seen them:

http://membres.lycos.fr/chrisdel2/association/cheney/cheneyII3.html

https://www.endfatigue.com/home.nsf/Basic?OpenFrameset&Frame=main_frame&SRC=Editable+Documents/Treatment+Protocol?OpenDocument

good luck to you

happy xmas!

karen