ATTN: Barrowinnovations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Nov 18, 2006.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

I saw your post regarding IBS. You mention keeping your "gut and liver" happy. Do you also have liver problems. I have just been diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis. I am getting an ultrasound next week...also may have overlap syndrome with autoimmune hepatits.

I've had IBS since my early teens. I've been reading up a little on leaky gut. I think I definitely have it.

Are there any good books you'd recommend for leaky gut?

Thanks,

TerryS
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

This ain't exactly a book about leaky gut, but "The Second Brain" is fascinating, about the intestinal tract, and I think I remember something in there about leaky gut.

I think I have treated/maybe cured mine by taking probiotics regularly over the past year or so. Hope you are on some.

Take good care of you!
    findmind
  3. TerryS

TerryS Member

Thank you for your reponse. I'll definitely look into that book you mentioned.

I have just started probiotics within the last month...hope they help. But it seems like since I've started them that I've had a lot of miscellaneous pains throughout my entire colon - more so than ever before...wonder what's going on???

TerryS
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

I spend all day with my laptop, picking it up now and then and looking up stuff on the net. I don't have any health books, I've gotten everything from googling. I had hepatitis c and went through the antiviral chemo to get rid of it. At first it wasn't so bad but by month 4, it was hell and I quit early in month 5. I kept dreaming it was killing me, like 10 days in a row so I started cutting down on the ribavirin pills. I went from like 12 a day to taking less and less but kept dreaming the pills were killing me. Plus I did a shot once a week.

One night, about 2 weeks before I would have been finished, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move or breathe. It took me awhile to breathe normally and even longer to wake my husband up so he could watch me die. I told the doctor I was stopping 2 weeks early that day and why. He said I couldn't stop, that some discomfort was expected and I had to keep doing it. Not only did I not continue but I actually entertained the idea of amputating my leg because I had just put a shot in it the day before. That's how bad it was. I didn't go back to that stupid doctor and I haven't done any drugs since. I've had a viral load done 3 times since then and it's been undetectable every time, so it worked. But I had been told that it won't work if you stop early.

My idiot doctor also kept telling me that my bloodwork did not indicate any liver disease but when I look at cirrhosis symptoms, I have alot of them. So I started looking up liver congestion and detox diets and leaky gut and I'm working on all of them. L glutamine first thing in the morning for leaky gut, food combining (don't mix starch and protein, etc), probiotics, digestive enzymes and betaine hcl. It's inconvenient at first, everything is a little overwhelming, but I'm used to it now and it's all working. I google a subject until I think I've found all I need to know and then I write it down and move on. My liver is in delicate condition and I have to research a supplement thoroughly or I can have a rilly bad day rilly rilly fast. Food is no longer a luxury for me, it's medicine. Maybe one day I'll be able to cheat and have some desserts and stuff but not now.

Look up these things and it helps to put "natural remedies" before every word you look up so you don't get medical websites which only want to sell drugs and are useless. No more spaghetti or pizza! Bummer!!!! karen