Attn charlie21 MIRAPEX in the morning?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Dec 3, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Charlie21 - I was reading some of your posts on Mirapex, and you take a dose in the morning? My doctor prescribed for me to take 2 .125 mg tablets at night, and i've been doing well with those (helping my leg pain, falling asleep faster).

What does the Mirapex do for you in the morning? Does it help with pain? And what type of dose do you take? I'd be interested to hear about its effects for daytime use also.
  2. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

I started on the low dose of 0.125 mgs three times daily. I found it wasnt quite strong enough, so it was increased to 0.18 mgs twice daily. 9.00 p.m. in the evening, and 9.00 a.m. in the morning. I have found that me stiffness in the mornings has been greatly reduced, and that my morning flares are not as frequent and as intense as they once were. I also suffer from restless legs, and has been wonderful for that. I do find they wear off about two hours before my next tablet at 9.00 a.m. and sometimes later in the afternoons, but my doctor will not give me an increase, as I am also on other medications, and they can make you feel a bit sleepy for a while. If I could I would personally like to have it three times a day. Have been on it three months now, and there has been a good improvement. Charlie
  3. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Okay. I am doing well with the 2 .125 mg tablets at night for my restless leg. Maybe I will discuss an extra morning dose with my doctor, to help with the overall pain.

I am preparing to try the Mirapex, Lyrica combo, so I want to be sure to get it right.