Attn. Chgo land ppl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FMsolider, Jun 20, 2006.

1. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Anyone in the Chicago land area here, who actually likes their doctor? Preferably, a doctor out of Evanston Northwestern. I need a good doctor who believes narcotics are not the devil and actually gives a sh*t about their patients.
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

he is with Rush but he really has changed my life. I have only been seeing his since 9-2005 but I have more good days then bad days. He is very thorough & proactive - he treats symptoms not test results. I keep giving out his name which means I wait longer and longer to see him myself.

The name of his practice is Rheumatology Associates and he is the only doctor in the practice but he has several nurse practioners that are incredible - along with his own lab and Xray people too. They do the Remicade tranfusions in the office. He is very active in both Lupus and FMS groups and has been voted one the top doctors repeatedly. I have seen several Rhuemy's at Northwestern and I never got anywhere with them.

Man I am gushing and I should get a discount!
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Thanks, for the suggestion! Just knowing someone decent in the medical field exisits...is the best news I have heard all day.