ATTN Dixiede

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Dixiede, I just left you a message in my Namenda thread.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Dixiede,

I had another question about Dr. Ecklund and I figured I'd post it here rather than in the Namenda thread. You mentioned that he put you on hormones and that instantly caught me attention. I've been reading Suzanne Somers' latest book "Ageless", in which she extols the virtures of bioidentical hormones. I have been giving a lot of thought to this because it makes a lot of sense.

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear a little more about Dr. Ecklund's involvement with hormones as a treatment. I'm wondering if he has a similar approach to the doctors that Suzanne Somers interviews in her book.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Lolalee
  3. DixieDe

DixieDe Member

I haven't read Suzanne Somers book so I don't know what she says. A lot of my problems started with being placed on synthetic hormones when I started perimenopause. I was on the synthenic progestin which caused a lot of problems but the OBGYN wouldn't take me off of them. I was having a lot of heavy bleeding. Dr. Ecklund tested all of that and put me on compounded hormones. It really helped. I've since found a doctor who continues to work with me on this. The first visit I had with Dr. Ecklund, he spent three hours with me. That was 7 years ago so that may not be the case now.

The thyroid problems were part of my fatigue. My regular doctor put me on Synthroid which didn't help. Dr. Ecklund started me on Westthroid which is a natural supplement. I still use it and have my thyroid checked every three to six months. If you are hypothyroid, then you have horrible fatigue. This is all very complicated and you need a good doctor to work with you. Hope this helps.

[ advertisement ]