Attn; empty2void

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pat460, May 28, 2007.

1. pat460

pat460 New Member

O.K. Glad you thought to move our discussion. I'll post this quick to let you know I'm here and want to discuss this some more. It will take a few minutes to write my reply, I'm a hunt-n-peck kind of typist. lol!

Pat
  2. pat460

pat460 New Member

I went back over some of his posts too. I noticed his posts are getting less articulate, like he's having trouble thinking. Then I noticed his post about a brain viral infection and it scared me to death. Do you think he is contemplating ending it all or he really thinks that he is dying?

It's clear he's depressed. Do you know if he's taking anything for it? If he has gone cold turkey off of Lorazepam or Ativan, that could put him in trouble. I also wish there was a medical person to ask about this.

What should we do or should we do anything. I admit I'm really scared and have a bad feeling about this. If he's in some sort of medical facility, can't they see something is wrong?

Pat
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

Maybe I should look over his posts a little closer as I just realized that I don't know all the illnesses he's dealing with.

I don't know about assisted living, but my niece runs a nursing home and I used to work in one(just a CNA) and those places can be bad with a capital B. No wonder he isn't getting help.

Since you did speak to someone connected with the facility, does that mean you know where he is or that he's in your state? He gave his name when you asked, I think he really wants help even though he says he just wants others to know about these illnesses and what they can do. What do you think?

Should one of us contact the facility and ask for the social worker or someone to at least go speak with him? I think he needs someone there to advocate for him and a social worker is all I can think of. Maybe they could contact someone affiliated with a CFIDS support group and find a local doctor to see him. Just throwing out ideas here.

As for his family, I agree that someone needs to speak to them. Surely a mother would want to help her son. Or am I being naive again?

By the way, I know what you mean about getting feelings and having premonitions. When I was looking over the posts to see what I wanted to read, his name just about jumped off the page at me. That's why I started following his thread. Weird huh?

Pat

P.S. Thanks for asking about my girls. Their dad took them on an overnight trip to his sister's place in Virginia. They're doing the cookout, pool party, and who knows what else thing. I, as usual, was in too much pain to go with them. But I'm glad they will get to have some fun.

I'm going to check out his posts now and see if I can come up with anything else we could do for him. I'll check back here in a little while.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2007]
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

maybe it would be wise to not use his name in this thread so that it can't be searched.

You two are wonderful!
    Peace out,
    Rafiki
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Hi, I don't mean to butt in on you thread, I also wrote back to him and I am very worried. My MIL lives in assisted living and they are usually small apartments or studios. The nurses come by daily to administer meds. I don't know what kind of care program he is on but he should be having someone come in periodically to give him those meds.

I glanced over his posts and he seemed very articulate previously. He seems disoriented and very depressed. I just wanted to offer support in the situation. So glad you guys are trying to help. Kim :)[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2007]
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I read your last thread on the other board to him. I think what you are doing is wonderful. I think you are going about it the right way also, (asking him if it is okay). He must want help because he did post those numbers. (I wrote both of them down also, sounds like you were able to get them too). Maybe you will actually get to talk to him. Saying a prayer for you, good luck. Kim :)
  7. pat460

pat460 New Member

It's taken me awhile to get back to you. My little dog was trying to get some love from me and was under the desk near my feet when she got tangled in a couple cables. It was a pain to get them hooked back with everyone gone. My back doesn't allow me to bend down very far so I just now managed to get my computer back up. As for Oreo, my dog, she was O.K. but knew she was in trouble. She started licking my legs while giving me that "I didn't mean to Mommy" look. Too cute! Couldn't stay mad if I tried!

Rafiki had a good suggestion but, I think your right that he found our thread. I hope he isn't too upset. I thought your last post to him was exactly right on. I haven't thought of any ways to help yet other than the social worker. Maybe he'll agree to that.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if he gives you permission to call someone. Giving us his dad's number is a good sign. I think there's still some hope deep down but he is very frustrated and who wouldn't be in that situation.

I'm going to do some research now but I'll check back. Maybe boltchik has some thoughts since she knows his living situation. We definitely can use all the ideas we can get so please, no one think you're butting in. I'm still thinking--be back in awhile.

Pat
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

How about contacting one of the Arizona support groups to see if someone can come out and at least visit and talk with him?

I googled Arizona CFS Support Group! and lots of things popped up.

Unfortch, I can't do the computer thing for long, so I'm hoping one of you might follow up on this if you think it's worthwhile.

The CFIDS Assoc. also has lists of local support groups by area they will give out on request.[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2007]
  9. pat460

pat460 New Member

Glad you got his dad. Maybe he'll see that he gets some help. I feel relieved. You did good girl!

Pat
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am so glad you got a hold of his Dad. Please let us know if they get a social worker out there. Can I do anything to help? Just seeing his posts, you can tell he is losing neurological and cognitive functioning. I wonder if his Dad or anyone close to him have seen emails from him like this. Thank you for the phone calls you have made, please let me know if there is anything you need. Kim :)
  11. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I took the info down, too. It's hard to know how to move forward. One doesn't want to intrude but the fact that the number was there is a hopeful sign. I don't think it would go amiss for someone to give him a call as a friend of his son's. I would certainly want to know were I his parent.

I think contacting a local ME/CFIDS group is a brilliant idea if there's a group with someone who can get up and out.

I don't think he's in danger of doing anything rash but doing nothing can be very dangerous in a situation like this. It's so easy to get dehydrated when you're not mobile.

And, of course, there's nothing worse than feeling helpless, ill and alone. I think we can all relate.

Let me know if there's something I can do.

Compassion in action is a beautiful thing.
    Peace out,
    Rafiki

12. findmind

findmind New Member

In case you didn't see it, please see if you can get in touch with Katrina Berne, PhD, author of Running on Empty. She lives in Phoenix.

Maybe she'd advocate for him!

There's always hope
    findmind
  13. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I think it's good for all of us to remember that there is help. We CAN be the change we want to see.

Ok, who's going to call tomorrow? I'm in Canada (on disability) with no US phone plan but would be willing to make a call if we're all in the same $ boat.

This is not such a bad boat. It's full of very kind people who just happen to be very seasick!

I'll check back in the morning to see where we are.

Peace out,
    Rafiki
  14. pat460

pat460 New Member

I'm willing to follow up with the social worker first thing in the morning, but I didn't get the first number he posted. I have the one for Dr. Jamison though. Are they the same? If one of you have the number and don't feel like calling, just try to get my attention to give it to me and I'll go from there.

I've been trying to find someone in Tuscon to call(support group or CFIDS Association)but no luck so far. I'm still trying.

Pat

P.S. No extra phone charges for me if you guys want me to call.
  15. pat460

pat460 New Member

Actually I haven't done anything. Kelly is doing an outstanding thing though, I agree. I think all of us realize that this could very well be any one of us. I just pray it works and someone can get to him. It has to be giving him at least a little hope to know all of us here are trying our best to do something at least.

Take Care, that was a sweet post to write.

Pat

oops--I forgot to tell you that he is in an assisted living facility in Tucson. At least we know he's getting food, water, and his meds. But you know how those places are, that's about all you can get.
  16. mezombie

mezombie Member

Nova Bouknight is in charge of the CFIDS Association's support group network. She can be reached at nbouknight@cfids.org if you want to send her an email tonight explaining the situation so she'll receive it first thing in the morning. She should be willing to give you any information she has about local support group contacts.

Tomorrow you could try to reach her or someone else at the Association who might be able to help by phone at , their published resource line number.

I didn't catch the phone numbers he gave out in time either. I think Empty2void has the name of the assisted living center he's at. That info can be exchanged without a problem here, I think.

I'm so glad you are willing and able to help!
    [phone number edited per site rules]
  17. pat460

pat460 New Member

Oh, Thank You over and over again. I just couldn't find the right number or person and you have saved me some more searching. There is a CFS Association in Phoenix which I found but couldn't get the link to work. This is so much better now that I know who to call. I hope someone can give me the name or number of the facility.

Thanks again, you're a real live saver. Pat
  18. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Here's the number for the assisted living facility:
    (520)358-5533. Thank you for calling. If for some reason you are unable to do so, let me know and I will call. Thanks so Much!!! Kim :)

I wrote down a lot of the info., numbers, dr.'s names, etc., if you need them.
  19. pat460

pat460 New Member

Got it! Thanks bunches and bunches!

O.K. Stupid question; I live on the east coast, Arizona is to the west, I'm 3 hours ahead, is that correct? Can you tell I made my first C ever in a class that taught Geography?

Pat
  20. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

That's all.

peace out,
    Rafiki