ATTN Haleycole or anyone with a good Barometer recommendation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shnopee, Oct 11, 2006.

1. shnopee

shnopee New Member

Hello Haleycole -

I've read a lot of your posts, specially since a lot of the modalities you've tried are things that I have tried and we seem to find the same things helpful. One that I haven't tried is to get a barometer. There are days, like the way it's been for the past several days here in Boston where the weather has been changing from one day to the next, and in the last couple of days, the weather would change throughout the day - start out warm and sunny and towards the afternoon becomes damp and chilly. I have been feeling quite aggravated, and finally wondered if it's from the continuosly changing weather.

I would appreciate if you can sort of give me a crash course on barometric pressure. How does it work and is it only when it rains that our symptoms are magnified or it's the actual change in weather - from warm & sunny to rainy, and from rainy to warm & sunny. Does the pressure basically change when there is rain coming in, or is it DURING the change in weather, or before the change
    Can you also refer a good barometer that you like.

Thanks!
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

hayley:

I also have a barometer like yours. My grandmother had it and gave it to me. She did not even remember where she got it.

The info you gave shnopee is completely right: exactly what i would have said.

nyrofan