ATTN: Hayleycole, are you still here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shar6710, Dec 3, 2006.

1. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I know you went off the Mirapex and I hope that hasn't thrown you into a flare.

If you are just lurking please let me know if you are OK.

Shar
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

This is just a suggestion but Hayley knows we all love her and we all think she is such an asset to this board.

Perhaps she is just taking a break -- she was going to do that a few weeks ago but several people made such a big deal she had to come back and make a statement to the contrary.

I would say she will be popping in and out and reading at her leisure and will post when she feels like it.

Please do not misunderstand me I am not saying that either of you are making a big deal but this is how it gets started.

Shar and Prickles I hope I haven't made either one of you upset -- I was just looking into my crystal ball...LOL

I am sure she will pop in soon enough and let us know she is doing.

Take care,

Karen :)
  3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Prickles, she went off Mirapex because she was suffering hair loss and believed it to be the cause. I know she said that she wasn't feeling as well in one of her last posts and that is why I am concerned.

Kjfms, you didn't hurt my feelings. I'm not aware of anything upsetting that happened and I understand if she is taking a break or too busy with the holidays to post. I just miss her and am concerned she has crashed, especially since she left so suddenly.

Shar
  4. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I have thin hair too and so far haven't noticed any adverse effects. You might also take in consideration that she had some other issues that could result in hair loss so maybe the Mirapex was just the proverbial straw.

I have to say that I am doing so much better on the Mirapex that despite the possibility that it is causing my digestive problems that I am unwilling to stop it for even a single day until I try every other possible approach to the problem.

Shar
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

Whew -- I am so glad I didn't upset either of you because I do respect you both.

I too miss Hayley and certainly hope she will feel better soon. I understand the loosing hair part I having been going through myself.

I should have paid closer attention and gave Hayley a little more support on the hair loss -- I know how devastating it can be for one's self esteem and lord knows these DDs take away enough as it is...

Anyway -- thanks to you both for not taking my post the wrong way I really appreciate it :)

Hugs,

6. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I was afraid that you going off Mirapex was causing some problems. I imagine it has upset your brain chemistry a bit and I hope you are feeling better soon. Forgive my ignorance but is there another term for the times when your bipolar disorder is acting up besides depressed? Can they be considered flares also?

I am still doing pretty well on Mirapex but I am busy trying to get ready for Christmas and haven't been posting as much myself. I know you have many friends on the board who know you better than I but you have been a great help to me here and I do miss your input and advice.

I've never done the chat room thing but if you want to talk sometime I would enjoy that.

Please take care and give your hairy babies a hug for me,

Shar
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am sorry you have been depressed and I am so sorry about your hair. I understand about that -- I have very fine hair to start with and it has been falling out a lot due to my thyroid being out of whack.

I am over due for my MRI to check this darn pituitary tumor and a nurse is supposed to be sending my appointment in the mail so I am anxious to see if it has grown and if it is indeed the reason for the thyroid being more trouble than usual...

Anyway -- I really hope you feel better soon and it is great that you have a great hubby :)

I have put everything in my life on hold at the moment due to this flare and being so sick so I do understand sort of I think :) I am very fuzzy sorry.

Well take care of you,

8. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hayleycole

Hi, I am so sorry you have been depressed- hang in there girl, please... I understand you need to cool it on the computer- but do not feel guilty.. I have not been around myself for awhile- just alot going on. Take care and wish you the best. Bless you and hope you are taking it easy for yourself... Janet
  9. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

I sent an email to hayley a week or so ago, and she did not reply back to me. I do hope hayley if you are lurking too that you will get in touch again. Missing you charlie