ATTN HAYLEYCOLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Oct 23, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i just read that you are on iron pills is this for anemia? the reason i am asking is i have a theory about cmp. they say there is not enough oxygen in our blood and the info i have found info on thalassemea anemia says that there is not enough oxygen in my blood. have you ever been tested for this? it would show up on a blood test as anemia but really it is not lack of iron it is the inability to produce hemmoglobin. just a thought let me know. charlene
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thalassenia shows up on a blood test as iron lacking if you dont know you have it they wont check for it. i knew it was in my family but my grandfather didnt know until his death bed. if you take iron it gives you a false positive .i only know this because the blood dr told my mom, who also has cmp.socyou might want to get checked the iron can actually hurt you if this is the problem.it is more common than people know it would be concidered a trait. italians and mediteranean (spelled wrong)people are most at risk. charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

count is around 9 to 9.9 and dropped to around 5 when i was pregnant.charlene
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

the other stuff i dont know about so if your around a 5 that is really low. ijust thought maybe something else might be going on with you only because dr dont bring it up for the most part. i have a stomach dr the reason for the scopes is to see if your bleeding inside that might be causing the low blood count charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 10/23/2006]
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

ive had the scope down the throat the dr asks me everytime about the other one i keep saying we will talk about it next time im only 37 wait till im 40 she is always worried about my blood count even though i tell her i have thalassmea charlene