ATTN INTRIGUE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks so much for responding to my Dallas FFC post. I'm trying to decide whether or not to go and which one to go to if I do go.

Nothing is close to me,so in addition to spending a lot of money on the center and the treatments I will have to pay travel expenses and possibly, hotel and meal expenses.

That is why I am trying to get as much feedback as I can.

If you don't mind my asking, how long had you been ill before you went to the center. Also, did you have FMS and CFIDS?

I will do a search for your previous posts and if you already posted the above info, just ignore...I'll find it.

Thanks again, Lolalee
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

3. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I just ran across your post. It's amazing how fast this board goes at times!

It may be too late, but I'll answer you anyhow.

I can trace my whole fibro/cfids ordeal back to May 18 2003. My husband and I were in Hot Springs,AR on a little weekend getaway. I woke up in the middle of the night with extreme chills, shaking so much I couldn't speak. We figured I had a fever, so I took some tylenol and was finally able to get back to sleep. When we got home, I went to see my PCP and she diagnosed me with epstein barr (mono at that point) The thing was I never had the classic mono symptoms, and my husband never got sick.

I never quite recovered. In the next year, I saw 2 rheumy's in the area who diagnosed the fibro but didn't really offer an treatments. I think it was something like "exercise" and "stretch". Oh, and my favorite response was "Well ... you aren't as young as you used to be..." (I was 29 at the time)

I started at the Dallas FFC in October, and I am doing much better now. In April, I get the big re-test to see if my lab values have improved.

Where are you travelling from?

- Ellen