ATTN Jackie41

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi Jackie, this is in reference to your post re fatigue on Lisapetrison's post.

You said....
    "I get horrible fatigue in my legs, but nowhere else.I've been worked up for muscle and neuro disease, and they found nothing. My muscle strength is normal, but my legs feel like they don't want to do what my brain tells them to do. It's hard to explain if you've never experienced it. "

Jackie, I have severe fatigue and pain in my legs, mostly my left leg, but lately both bother me. When I wake up in the morning I have difficulty lifting my foot to take a step. I use a walker and shuffle around. After a couple of hours it gets better. Sometimes I can walk normally, but if I overdo it or if I sit for too long or if I get too tired, my legs act up. What caught my attention was your statement that your legs don't want to do what your brain tells them to do. I feel the same way...it's like my legs just won't work. My Neurologist has run tons of tests, i.e. scans, MRIs, Nerve Conduction, etc. and nothing.

I've posted before asking if anyone experiences this. You are the first person that has come close to what I am experiencing. I've had FMS, CFIDS and CMP for almost 10 years. This morning I went to church for the first time in months and I used a cane. By the end of the service I could barely walk. I had to drag my left leg.

Just wanted you to know that you're not the only one, Jackie.

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

3. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I don't have time this minute for a lengthy reply but I will have the time later. Just wanted to let you know I saw this.

I think, based on my experience, that you would do better with the forearm canes. My new pic shows them. A cane gives practically no support. And a walker is very clumsy and does not give more support than the forearm canes.

Btw, do you ever go to the chat room. That would be a good place to talk.

I look forward to your reply and will check the board more often.

Jackie
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I never considered forearm canes, but would love to discuss this with you. The times I've gone to the chat room I've found myself unable to keep up with the conversations...too much..too fast. But, a one-on-one chat would be different. Let me know when you want to meet and chat.

Lolalee

5. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I'll go to the chatroom now. Can't stay real long though.

Jackie
  6. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I might be able to make it to the chat room anound 730 to 800 wednesday evening, 11/1.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for me , I'll try to answer them on this board.

7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Sorry I didn't see your first post to meet in the chatroom. I've spent most of the day in bad....miserable day. Re Wednesday, what timezone?

Lolalee
  8. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

eastern

Jackie