ATTN justlooking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marw, Mar 15, 2006.

1. marw

marw New Member

I posted this on the end of the thread on constipation, but was afraid you might not see it.

Can you tell me the name of the Supposity for constipation that you use? I would give anything for this. I would not need it every day, but at times it would be a life-saver. Is it OTC med or do I need a prescription?

I would appreciate knowing this very much. Thank you.

Margaret
  2. marw

marw New Member

3. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

I can tell you that when my son was an infant, he just wouldn't poop. So, after a week, his doc told me to buy glycerin suppositories (Fleets is the common brand, but you can buy generic). They really helped him. They are very safe, but you need to be careful not to use them too often becuase your body can become dependent on them. Hope this helps.
    Dawn
  4. marw

marw New Member

Cannot tell yu how much I appreciate your answer. I realized later I should have just made a general post about it, and gotten more replies.

This should do it for me. I use prune juice 2 or 3 times a week (which works fine) but I have to stop my pain meds to do it....must be done on an empty stomach first thing in the a.m. and wait about 2 hours for results. Sometimes I am just in too much pain to do this, yet I really need to move my bowels, too. This will help a lot.

Thanks!
    Margaret
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Yes it is over the counter Glycerin Suppositories. I just buy the store brand, much cheaper. You can buy them at just about any grocery store or pharmacy. As the other poster said there are name brands, I think they said Fleet, but I've never bought the name brands. The store brand has worked great for me and at about half the price. They work within an hour, for me 20 mins tops!

If you have any questions, I'll check back later this afternoon.

Sincerely
    JL

PS I guess the other post about this subject is gone, I replied on that one for you last night and just went to look for it to make sure I put everything I wrote last night on this one, but the whole thread is gone. Oh well hope others who have this problem get a chance to read this because honestly the suppositories work fast and have no cramping or other side effects. You don't have to wait hours or over night for relief. You don't know the night before if you are going to have problems going the next day, which is why I prefer the suppositories. [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]
  6. justlooking

justlooking New Member

made it back to page 2, board moving quick... wanted to make sure you see this. =)
  7. marw

marw New Member

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your getting back to me like this. I am going tomorrow to the Walgreen to get them. This sounds like it can realy solve one of my worst problems, and I need it so badly!

Many thanks to you!

Margaret
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

in addition to glycerine suppositories the other one that sometimes works when that doesn't goes under the brand name dulcolax. hope this helps.
    rachel