ATTN: lenasvn... or anyone else..Neck Pain Please help, again..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI... I "spoke" to you about not being able to turn my head. I finally got a tiny bit of relief yesterday for about 3 hours. I had a better range of motion at that time. Then I was in that horrible pain again and have been that way since.

HOw long do you think this will last??? How long did yours last? It is now 3 days straight and I cannot turn my head to drive. Did yours hurt worse when you took a deep breath? That kinda worries me. I hope it is nothing with my lungs... It is now giving me an awful headache.. It also came on at the same timy my lymph node on my neck swelled up (like a marble).

Any more advice for Me??? Anyone else?? I'm getting really down about this... on top of every other pain I am feeling.

Hugs
    Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/31/2006]
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

can you stretch you neck? if im really bad sometimes it can make it worse. first get a sock fill it with some rice and put it in the microwave for a min or two till it is warm and put it around your neck for about 20 min. then sit in a chair and hold on to the leg with one arm and use the other arm to pull your neck to the side and stretch it for a couple of seconds dont do it to long then see how it feels .hope i was clear with what i wrote charlene
  3. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

may be what you need. When mine was that bad, going for PT was the only thing that really helped. I needed to stretch and strengthen muscles in order to regain motion again. Heat also helped...good luck
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks for the advice...
    Charlene - I will try to stretch it a bit, but hurts so bad. Funny you mentioned the rice thing... I have a scarf that has those little rice like things in it - I have been heating it up every few minutes.. good idea... I love that thing.

Mosherpit - I left a msg. for my back doc, I think he will prescribe that for me. I am scared to do it, but I guess it worked for you, so I feel better about it.

Thank you both very much... I wish it would go away :-(

Hugs,
    Kim

5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Back doc does not want to see me because I mentioned at the same time I have that swollen lymph node in my neck. He thinks I might be fighting an infection.

Oh great... My primary stinks and they are always so rushed. It seems more like a clinic. I have been searching for a new one, but do not have a new one yet.

Ughhhhhhhhh.
    Thanks for listening..
    HUgs
    Kim
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi Wake.. thank you for the info. That is what I was hoping I could see the back doc for... Hoping that I could go in and he can do an injection and make me all better.

I guess that was wishful thinking because he wants me to see my primary now (re: the lymph node)... and I know the primary will send me to the back doc. What a roller coaster ride!

I think I wil insist he sees me and see what he can do. I wonder if that is something that the pain doc would have to do. Do you know???

Thanks a bunch:)
    Kim