Attn: Mbofov

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Sep 17, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I posted this on the recent post about cortisol and the saliva/ASI test, but in case you missed my questions, here they are again:

I also did an ASI/saliva test and found that my adrenal glands were producing too much cortisol in the evening, leaving me with a "wired" feeling before bed.

Like you, I've been taking Seriphos. I was also taking around eight a day for a while, but now, I take about three at night.

How did you learn that you had to take Seriphos in the morning?
    What happened when you took it in the evening?

Thanks.

Kholmes
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

back to page one for you
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi - I didn't see your earlier post. When I first started taking the Seriphos, I was told to take it at night, so I did, but it made me feel horrible. I don't know how to describe it, I didn't sleep well, it made me feel sick and yucky. I think it was throwing my cortisol levels even further out of whack.

So on my own I switched to taking it in the morning, and it worked great - no bad side effects, the only effects were I started sleeping better and felt calmer. After about six months of taking it I noticed an unusual fatigue (different than "normal" CFIDS fatigue) and realized that I had to cut my dose, that my cortisol levels were going too low. And over a period of 2-1/2 years got down to 1 a day and am just about ready to stop that too.

I later read this on a website (I no longer know which one) about Seriphos: "NOTE: Seriphos works with the pineal gland. Take two in the morning and two at lunch time before meals for better sleep at nighttime. This mimics the cortisol "curve"."

Mary
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I suspect my cortisol levels are lower in the evening now. I'll have to try taking it earlier, and maybe reducing it as well.

Kholmes