Attn MCD56

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Jun 29, 2006.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Hi Miss Mary -

So glad to see you posting again! I hope all is well with you and your daughter. I am ok except for falling again - down my front stoop - thank goodness it was only the one step but I fell flat on my patootie and sprained my ankle and my elbow.

Take care and if you get a chance help me understand testing positive for Epstien Barre and parvovirus B19 when I never had it and does this mean I could have it again...too confusing for me!
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Mary I am glad to hear from you but so sorry that you and your daughter are still having issues. Sending you lots of prayers for recovery.

My tests results are not important - I wish there was something I could do for both of you. Take care and check in when you can...Nancy
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Here are the results and my questions from my last batch of tests.

I have posted here a couple of times regarding my high WBC and high inflammation markers and how confused I am. The good news is the my SED rate is almost normal (24 on 0-20 range) so the Humira seems to be working on that but my CRP is still high. I can deal with it because I am feeling very good.

BTW - my WBC is still high at 14.7 (4.5 - 10.5 scale) but for the first time the differentials indicate that my GRAN# is the cause at 10.8 (1.4-6.5 scale)

So the last time I went to see my Rheumy I actually got one on one time just with him. His nurse practioners are awesome but this was a rarity. We talked a lot about my WBC being so high. He said he is not worried but he would be happy to send me to a hematologist or infectious disease doc if I wanted to go. I said if you aren't worried then I don't need to go. But I asked him to test me for Lyme and Epstein Barr which he did along with the Parvovirus.

So guess what no Lyme but I tested positive for the other two. However I have no idea what it all means so if anyone can help to interpret these I would be very thankful. He said that the tests indicate that I have had both EBV and Parvovirus in the past but no active infection.

Here are the numbers:
    EBV Early Antigen Ab IgG - 86 - range is 0-99 so no suscebtibilty to an infection

EBV Ab VCA IgG - 1450 (range is 0-99)

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab, Ig - 467 (range is 0-99)

The interpretation grid leads me to believe that I have an acute infection that is chronic or reactivating. Does this make sense?

My Parvovirus B19 IgG is positive at 4.8 on a scale of 0.0 to 0.9.

The seach I have done on this message board makes me suspect there is a connection between the two viruses and that they are pointing to CFS on top of my FMS, IBS, & Rheumatoid Arthitis. Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks Mary for any insights...Nancy
  4. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

Mary -
    Great pic of you and your lovely daughter! She is a beautiful girl and I know you are proud & worried about her. I changed my picture to one with niece at Disney....she's the one in the green sweatshirt! LOL

I like you are so right about watch and see with these lab results. I still hear his nurse say 'we treat patients, not numbers'. I am not going to see another doctor unless he makes me. The last thing I need is to wait for another doc ya know!

Regarding the SED rate I am thrilled that it is down to almost normal. I do feel good except for my poor bruised elbow and sinuses!

As to teh EBV and Parvo Is this the same virus that is for chicken pox or just a related strain? I have never had chicken pox and we determined long ago that I must have some immunity to it since my mother sent me to all the neighbors with chicken pox to get mine over with since I didn't get it when my sister and brother got it...mean Mommy.

I guess I was thinking that it could be the cause of the elevated WBC and it would be a reason for the high results. I am happy that I don't have an active infection but I am sad not to have some real results ya know.

I'll check in after my doc's appointment tonight. Take care of yourself and H - I worry about you both. Man - I need a kid to have someone to put the worry towards and then I won't mother everyone else. Nancy