ATTN MIMILOVE and maybe others re doctors who won't help us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I read your response regarding a doctor who could not help you and you said you wasted your money. I just wanted to share with you what I have done on at least 3 occasions when doctors have told me that they cannot help me.

I have told them,"if you cannot help me then I am certain that you will not charge me for this visit". And they haven't charged me. Otherwise, they will have audacity to keep you waiting at least an hour in the waiting room, at least 30 minutes in the examining room and then not help or give you any hope. Why should we pay for that? Before I leave the office, I make sure that the receptionist knows that I should not be billed for the appointment and that they should not bill my insurance either. It has always worked for me.

Maybe if more of us would take this type of action, doctors would pay attention.

Lolalee
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

good advice.:)

You have gut's! But you are right on.

I'll let my husband do that next time.:)

claudia
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Mimilove
  4. mimilove

mimilove New Member

Thanks lolalee.........we are actually charged before!!!
    we even see the Dr..so nothing I can do

but I am going to tell them next time that Drs in China don't actually get paid if patients come back....they are fined...only the ones whose patients don't come back get paid...because it means they have actually helped patients!!! This is a true story!!

Don't take the chinese thing please as a racist thing you guys....I am half chinese...this is just to make them understand that those sort of things actually happen, I am sure all over.

I let noone get the better of me sick or not....he also wrote I am a druck seeker..........I have a bag here that I know my co-pays must have been at least $2000 worth, if not more that would probably make someone very high! That I have taken only 1 pill out of, and had a reaction or they asked me to stop!? I was livid, then my husband wanted to get involved and go throw the bag in his face!

Thank you.........I tell all of them off. Do to others the way you want done to you.

Love Mimi
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2006]
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I am glad that it worked out for you. It is a terrible feeling to get your hopes up and then have a doctor not help you or believe in FMS/CFIDS and then have to pay.

Re Doctors in China...that is really a different concept.

Lolalee