Attn: mollystwin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Feb 17, 2007.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Did you get your Igenix Lyme results back yet?
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I get my results this Thursday. They take three to four weeks, so I'm still waiting. It's been agonizing! I'll let you know the results when I get them.

Thanks so much for caring!!
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Three to four weeks! Yikes! I thought it was three weeks and that's bad enough!

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I just couldn't stand waiting until my appt on Thursday so I called my dr office to see if the results were in yet. They were and they are positive. Should have been no surprise to me, but I still feel like I've been punched in the gut!

We will discuss this in more detail at my dr visit on Thursday. I'm glad I know ahead of time so I can get all my questions together.

At least I know what I'm dealing with now!

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It's good to hear that you are doing well. My twin sis has lyme and I've seen her suffer so much! She is also doing better now. It's nice to know that although it may be difficult, better days are ahead!

I'm going to be leaving FFC. The doctor that diagnosed me is a very good doctor and has been treating lyme for many years. And he takes my insurance and is so much cheaper! FFC refused to give me an ignenix test and told me (twice!) that since I had a negative western blot, I didn't have lyme. So I wasted 10 months and about $12,000 on treatment.

I think I will be writing thier corporate office about this. I don't want anyone else to go through what I have been through. They should be giving everyone who walks through that door an igenix test.

When I get my treatment plan, I will post.

Love to all!
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I do remember that you had to insist on your husbands test. I'm glad they did it for you. This FFC was the same one who diagnosed my identical twin with lyme and still insisted I didn't have it and didn't need the test!

You know I really did like my FFC doctor except for this issue. She is very stubborn and just would not give me the test. She doesn't really know how to treat lyme disease or understand the testing. She tries to treat lyme but just doesn't have the experience and doesn't understand it. My sis learned more in a month with her research and when it became clear she knew more than the FFC dr, she made the switch to the doctor I will be seeing as well. It turned out to be a very wise move.

Some FFC's are better than others with treating lyme. It sounds like you are at one of the better ones. I wish you and your hubby the best with your treatment!!

I just wanted to add that the FFC did help me initially with all the IV's etc. But I would crash every so often, which I know now is due to the lyme. I haven't had an IV since November and havent' felt well since mid December. So what they gave me would only help temporarily because the real issue or at least a major one was not being addressed.[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2007]
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm so sorry and so glad at the same time! Sorry that you've had to suffer so long with this, and that FFC were stinkers about giving you the Igenix test. Glad that you FINALLY have a correct diagnosis! Maybe now you can get the proper treatment and get BETTER!

A new diagnosis stinks, but at least now you know WHY you can't seem to get better and have it last.

It's great that you called now to get your results. You can get working on that big list of questions!

It's good that you can go to the same doc as Molly goes to. Her experience is going to be invaluable to you.

I hope the FFC get on board soon with the whole Lyme diagnosis. You would think they would be all over that! Writing to their corporate headquarters is a good idea. I seriously doubt that you will get any kind of refund, but they may try to compensate you with a few free visits or free IV's. That might be helpful in conjunction with your new Lyme treatment.

That is awesome that your new doc will take your insurance. That should save you a bundle!

dahopper - Sounds like you and your DH been given the run around, too! Glad you are finally both getting the treatment you need.

Good luck and keep posting on your experience. If you haven't already, you may want to do a general post to the board to let everyone know your new diagnosis. I think it's amazing information.
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

And the kind words. I wasn't thinking about asking for a refund (although maybe that's not a bad idea!) I just don't want others to waste so much time and money like I did. Their radio ads say they treat lyme. If they are going to advertise that, they need to get on the ball!

And yes Molly is going to be very helpful to me in going through this. It looks like as twins we share an awful lot, even lyme disease now!

I did post a general post on the lyme board, maybe I should do it here as well.