ATTN MRPAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hi there, I responded to you on a post a couple of days ago and wondered if you saw it. It was on my post about finding a doctor in Florida for my sister.

Hope you had a good Sunday.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  2. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Are you alright? Haven't seen you around the board lately?

Lolalee
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

How are you?

LOlalee
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Good to hear from you. I hope your having a great week.
    I've been struggling this past week and haven't felt like being on the board much. Well actually, I've tried to come here but after 2 minutes, I seem to not be able to concentrate very well.

So I then cut the computer off and try to focus on something else. I go thru these periods every so often.. Don't know why, but I'll snap out of it in a couple of days I hope..

Other than the excessive heat from within, the cognitive problems, the pain, and the fatigue, I'm doing pretty good. How bout you?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2006]
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks for responding. I was about to send out an APB (I'm not the only one, I see).

Sorry to hear that you're feeling poorly.

I totally understand. I'm having more and more difficulty spending time on the computer. It really wears me out. Right now I've got a sore throat and that is always the sign that I've pushed myself. Bad girl!! I said I wasn't going to do that anymore.

We're practically neighbors, then. I live in Alabama (Gulf Coast area).

Well, it's way too late and I'd better say good-night. Take care. It was good to hear from you.

Blessings,

Lolalee
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Hello, my friend, I just picture you hurting so much whenever I type your name. I want to call you something else...like Mrgoodguy or Mrniceguy or something like that.

Re hurricanes..yes, it sounds like we have another reason to support each other. For both Hurricane Ivan and Katrina we lost large beautiful oak trees on our property. They were water oaks, which are the ones that tend to get hollow in the center and that weakens them making them prime targets for hurricane winds. But, God is good. Both times the trees fell away from our house, doing damage to electrical lines and some Azalea and Camellia trees (are they trees or shrubs?hmmmm), but our home was safe. We did not evacuate for Katrina, but it did quite a bit of damage in neighboring areas.

We did evacuate for Ivan and stayed with some friends. Ivan came during the night and we were in a "safe" place in their home. The next morning when we got up and looked out the upper level windows, we were pretty shocked. A tornado had touched down just a few yards from the house and knocked down about 8 pine trees all in a row. It looked like a gigantic bowling ball had knocked them over like bowling pins. Again, God protected us. The Gulf Shores beaches really took a tremendous hit and they are still rebuilding 2 years later. And, as you know, Ivan also beat up Pensacola badly.

The worst we've had to deal with is no power for a couple of days and that's really nothing compared to what others have dealt with.

My husband and I flew into New Orleans airport a couple of months ago after picking up 2 of our grandchildren in Texas. We drove home from New Orleans and the devastation was beyond description. Still, one year later, there are deserted areas and signs of the despair and desolation that was wrought by Katrina. It was terrible.

How about you? Has your family been affected by hurricanes the past couple of years? This year we've all been spared so far.

Ok, I'm going to rest now. Take good care.

Bless you,

Lolalee
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2006]
  8. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Just a quick message so you won't send an APB on me LOL. I'm having a really bad spell right now so I won't be on the board too much until it passes.

I was glad to hear that you and your family were also spared by the hurricanes, but we are pretty much in the same place as you in the sense that we have made preparations (i.e. boards for windows, etc.), but a direct hit would be devastating. Ivan was headed straight towards us and at the last minute veered and Pensacola got what we would have gotten....pretty scary. And, yes it is so stressful for people like you and me during those times. It takes me a long time to recover when a hurricane gets close.

Well, take good care. Talk to you soon.

Bless you,

Lolalee
  9. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I understand so don't reply. I just wanted to say take care of yourself and don't stress over anything. I've not been on the boards much either lately and when I do, it's for a very short time. I hope you get to doing better so take care. There's got to be better days in our future or at least some relief coming. (Have a great weekend to you and your family)......
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Do you see what's building in the Caribbean? Maybe we shouldn't have mentioned the "H" word. Let's start praying that God will protect us all from Hurricane Ernesto.

I had a better day yesterday...didn't do too much, but more than I have been doing and today I've got a lot of pain. The weather is rainy, so that might have something to do with it. I think that's another reason why hurricanes affect us so much. Not only is there the stress of the all the preparation, possible evacuation and possible impact, but also the atmosphere gets weird. Is it the barometric pressure that affect us? I can never remember.

How are you feeling today? Better, I hope.

I started a separate post for all the men on this board to look at a post by RW54. He is new and I'm sure he would appreciate hearing from other men.

OK, my friend, let's stay in touch. I want to be sure you and your family don't get affected by the hurricane.

Bless you,

Lolalee