ATTN: PAMD...RE: LEUKEMIA...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Feb 11, 2007.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just want you to know I read you post to me and I think it is fantastic that you are doing well. I am praying that you will continue to do so.

I also want to let you know that when I was in high school a very good friend's boyfriend was diagnosed with leukemia but I didn't want you to think I was making light of you situation because I know that every case is so very different but I also want you to know that great things happen too -- I hope that makes a little sense.

They have been married 25+ years and he is doing wonderful -- so good things can and do happen. You keep the faith OK?

Bless you Pam and you take care,

Karen :)
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thank you so much for the kind words! I do know that many people with Leukemia do very well, I think that's fantastic about your friend's husband---wow, 25 years married (that in itself is a feat these days)!

I have AML, the acute type; there are also chronic types. I didn't have any matching sibling for a bone marrow transplant, so I opted for several months of chemo alone. My next option, should I relapse, is to hope they can find an unrelated donor for me for a blood stem cell transplant (takes the place of the old bone marrow transplant, and is a bit easier on the donor). I am already registered with the Nat'l Bone Marrow registry in the event I need this.

In the meantime, I just try to enjoy every day, but it IS a little like waiting for the other shoe to drop! Luckily I have a husband of 24 years who's the most optimistic person in the world, and keeps me trying to stay positive.

Thanks for sharing about your friend's Leukemia---I do attend a Leukemia/Lymphoma society support group and see several folks there who are long-term survivors, so I know it IS possible! The elementary school I work at is also doing a L&L Society-sponsored fundraiser in my honor this month, and I am really grateful for those things, too.

Karen, please keep me posted about your tumor, too, OK? I will be praying for you, too, I keep thinking so many of your symptoms must be caused by this, and how good it will be to finally get rid of this beast! You've waited long enough...let me (and all of us) know how you make out with the neurosurgeon.

Thanks again, Friend, and take care,

Pam
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

for Karen
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Yes he is very lucky and believe he know such a nice man. He had the old fashion bone marrow transplant. He was an only child. It's been such a long time ago it hard to remember. I live in a really small town -- they were a lot of fund raising events and all kinds of people seeing if they were a match.

Well I will be praying for no relapse for you that is for sure Pam. Oh chemo must have been very rough on you -- sorry you had to go through that.

Hey -- 24 years! You should be very proud and to have such an optimistic and supportive husband is great you are indeed blessed in that department aren't you. So am I -- my LIL (Live In Love) and I have been committed to each other for 23 years and he is very supported -- I do not know what I would do without him.

You sure do have it all together and such a strong person Pam I really admire you.

It sounds like you have a great support system and have all of your ducks in a row. I have been looking for a local pituitary group and can't find one but I will keep looking though.

I will keep you posted and thanks for being so nice -- I was so hoping you would not misunderstand my sharing the story of my friend :)

I will admit I am more than a little anxious to see how I feel after the tumor is removed and after I am over the recovery period. It is really hard to say how long this tumor has been growing I have had daily headaches since 2002 and frequent headaches forever it seems not to mention chronic migraines. Well I guess we will find out soon.

You take care too friend,

Karen :)